Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Discover card! MILES approved!

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

2nd Discover card! MILES approved!

Ok, so I had a weak moment last night, discouraged about a few things so left the garden, had a few declines as well, but All I can do now is just start over lol. Don't be too rough on me for leaving the garden, I know I was bad, lol!  Anyway.....

Discover Miles approved instant online $2k SL, 23.4% apr,  (Higher SL than my it card, at least a decent usable limit).

DATA: (The Bad 😞 )-

-Pulled EQ-669

-tons of inq/new acct this year alone.

-BK & paid State tax lien from 2013 with 6 IIB accts still showing.

-This is the 3rd time applying, last was 6 mo ago. 

DATA: ( The Good 😀 )-

1% util reporting 

-SL was higher this time around.

-have the Discover it now for 18mo in good standing CL $5.3k, and two apr reductions since opening, now at 16.4%.  I imagine the same will happen with my new Miles card as well. 

-0% /12mo on purchases, and miles matched at end of my first year having the card, NO AF.

-was a goal card to get and now met. Can cross off list 😊

image.jpg

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Re: 2nd Discover card! MILES approved!

@pizza1 wrote:

Ok, so I had a weak moment last night, discouraged about a few things so left the garden, had a few declines as well, but All I can do now is just start over lol. Don't be too rough on me for leaving the garden, I know I was bad, lol!  Anyway.....

Discover Miles approved instant online $2k SL, 23.4% apr,  (Higher SL than my it card, at least a decent usable limit).

-Pulled EQ-669

1% util reporting 

-have the Discover it now for 18mo in good standing CL $5.3k, and two apr reductions since opening, now at 16.4%.  I imagine the same will happen with my new Miles card as well. 

-0% /12mo on purchases, and miles matched at end of my first year having the card, NO AF.

image.jpg

Life happens!!

Personally, I've noticed a direct correlation between being down in the dumps emotionally and cold apping! 

Also drunk apping tends to happen. When we were younger, it was all about the "drunk- call." Now That we're older, drunk calling is NOT cool!

But drunk apping...

I've gotten some of my better cards That way! 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 2 of 29
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval and for not giving up.l.l. At least you know the card will grown in 

limit and shrink in APR over time lol.

what else did you apply for ?

Pizza , have you seen that Forever 21 Visa ? I was in the store this weekend and was looking at it l

enjoy your new card 

Message 3 of 29
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

But seriously, congrats Pizza!

Side question, has anybody tried, or heard of combining cards with Discover? Like you can with Cap1? 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 4 of 29
Pway
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new Discover card.  I just keep telling myself one day.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! As some know, THIS is the card I keep waiting to app for. By feb/march, I'll be apping. Nice job!
Message 6 of 29
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats pizza! I tried for a second Disco card once, was denied, never thought of it again Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

-Pulled EQ-669

1% util reporting 

image.jpg

Life happens!!

Personally, I've noticed a direct correlation between being down in the dumps emotionally and cold apping! 

Also drunk apping tends to happen. When we were younger, it was all about the "drunk- call." Now That we're older, drunk calling is NOT cool!

But drunk apping...

I've gotten some of my better cards That way! 

Congrats Pizza!!

Message 8 of 29
happypill
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!  Do you get double miles during the first year even if it's your second Discover card overall?

Message 9 of 29
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the Miles cards and enjoy the 3% back for the first year!

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.