Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Discover card! MILES approved!

tag
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Re: 2nd Discover card! MILES approved!

Congratumalations! You obviously, know how to work the system better than I do when it comes to 2nd card limits!Smiley Very Happy

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 11 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Super PIZZA!, Pizza on meSmiley Happy. Nothing like being Discovered twice to pick u up from the bluesSmiley Happy. Nice pick up enjoy it youve earned itSmiley Happy
Message 12 of 29
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Nice one pizza, nice one!!!!

Congrats!! Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 29
12njoy
Super Contributor

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

But seriously, congrats Pizza!

Side question, has anybody tried, or heard of combining cards with Discover? Like you can with Cap1? 

Congrats Pizza.  You can combine Discover cards.  I was going to to that but the one card I had that didnt have a late payment notation had a much higher APR.  I was only going to do it because of the lat payment notation but Discover has since forgiven me on that account.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 14 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! I'm eyeing this card as well! Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@happypill wrote:

Congrats on the approval!  Do you get double miles during the first year even if it's your second Discover card overall?

Congrats Pizza!!! I was thinking about a second Discover Card. But wouldn't apply for at least a year or so. 

I would also like to know the answer to Happypill's question. 

Message 16 of 29
ddemari
Super Contributor

Congrats on your second disco! That's awesome!! That's something on my list, enjoy!
Message 17 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice Pizza! You don't see too many people with 2 Discover cards.
Message 18 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

Ok, so I had a weak moment last night, discouraged about a few things so left the garden, had a few declines as well, but All I can do now is just start over lol. Don't be too rough on me for leaving the garden, I know I was bad, lol!  Anyway.....

Discover Miles approved instant online $2k SL, 23.4% apr,  (Higher SL than my it card, at least a decent usable limit).

DATA: (The Bad 😞 )-

-Pulled EQ-669

-tons of inq/new acct this year alone.

-BK & paid State tax lien from 2013 with 6 IIB accts still showing.

-This is the 3rd time applying, last was 6 mo ago. 

DATA: ( The Good 😀 )-

1% util reporting 

-SL was higher this time around.

-have the Discover it now for 18mo in good standing CL $5.3k, and two apr reductions since opening, now at 16.4%.  I imagine the same will happen with my new Miles card as well. 

-0% /12mo on purchases, and miles matched at end of my first year having the card, NO AF.

-was a goal card to get and now met. Can cross off list 😊

image.jpg

Ain't mad atcha.........you get em' pizza!!!! Congrats!

Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, pizza! Thanks for the data points as well! Enjoy! Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.