Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Approvals in in day. Chase, Barclay, and Target

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 Approvals in in day. Chase, Barclay, and Target

Applied for a Chase Freedom because I was pre approved. Instant approval for 4.5k. I was actually in shock because that's the highest limit I currently have. I applied for Barclay Cash Forward got denied and called in to recon. The credit analyst asked me some questions, put me on hold and Bam. Approval for 2.5k. Im insanely happy right now.

I also applied for the target red credit card. Instant approval at 300.

Tried for an Amex BCE and Discover it but got denied. Even tried a recon at Amex and they said 3-5 days and got denied the same day Smiley Sad. I'd really love to get an Amex someday.

My current cards are Cap One Platinum at 750. Quicksilver at 3k. Chase Amazon at 1k. Best buy Citibank at 500. Also a Firestone card at 1k.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 3 Approvals in in day. Chase, Barclay, and Target

Congratulations on your approvals!! Keep up the great work!Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 13
Floyduda
New Contributor

Congrats!!  I know how it feels....3 for 3 last week with Sapphire Preferred, Citi Double Cash and Discover IT.....If you don't mind me asking, what were your Fico scores and what questions did Barclays ask you? I want to get in with them but I'm thinking I should hold off for 6 months, considering my recent inquiries....

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all.

As of yesterday I was at 647 on TU, 642 on Exp, and 645 on Equifax.

Barclays checked TU. Amex checked Exp, Chase did TU. Discover did Equifax, and Target Equifax.

They asked me relatively simple questions like, what I do for a living, why the recent inquiries (told them I was building credit history and age of accounts because I'm looking to about buy a house in a few years) asked about my utilization because it was at 45%. That was really it and she put me on hold for about 5 seconds and came back with the good news.
Message 4 of 13
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congratulations

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on all the new cards!
Message 6 of 13
Floyduda
New Contributor

Thanks for the info....if Chase hadn't pulled my Trans Union twice for the same application I'd be more inclined to pull that trigger on Barclays.....Best of luck with the new cards!!!

Message 7 of 13
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approvals and recons! Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations! Congrats! Grats!
Message 9 of 13
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.