cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 For 3 Community SCT Visas Approvals (No HP's)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 For 3 Community SCT Visas Approvals (No HP's)

So, went ahead and started playing around with Comenity SCT. Only looking at Visa's/MC they offer because I don't want any store cards...My offical app spree is coming in a day or two as soon as my TU report updates. I figured some Soft Pull Approvals to Increase my total credit available, and the trade lines shouldn't report for at least 2-3 weeks.

1.) Sportsman Guide Visa - Approved $3500.00

2.) RediCard+ Visa - Approved $3500.00

3.) TotalRewards Visa - Approved $1,000 ... :-(  looks like they used an older soft pull

Equifax FICO 8 697

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
quinn50
Valued Member

Re: 3 For 3 Community SCT Visas Approvals (No HP's)

Congrats on the approvals. Don't think they are soft pulls though. Comenity visa and mc are usually hard pulls.

Message 2 of 12
Ragelog
Established Contributor

Congrats. I wish one of these or all offered a 0% intro APR.

EQ04 675, EQ08 676, EX08 719, TU08 703 $12704.75/$123050 Revolving Credit (All 0% or 1.99%) - In Garden Since 5/25/2016

Last negative item should fall off in July 2017.
Message 3 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats.

Not 100% sure why you went with the comenity majors with your scores as they will all be HP's against either Equifax most likely or Experian with the possible Sportsman Guide might be a SP.  Also with AA that has been happening with Comenity and opening multiple SCT cards in one go around that is kinda risky move.  Also IMO your credit score is good enough to get alot better cards with better lenders and rewards.  Just my 2 cents, but if it makes you happy then that is what is important!

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

All are soft pulls, no HP...the SMG Visa was approved on 4/18 which is where the idea came from.  Still hasn't reported on bureau(s).  When you get the cards with a softpull SCT they also don't seem to report until after you accept terms and conditions of account by phone during activation. SP vs HP also seems to depend with the CL you are approved for...if the card is a Visa Signature with a $5,000 limit, there is a good chance you will get a Hard Pull even if you get the Pre-Approved Pop-Ups.  I think Comenity has an internal limit set on the Visa/MC approved via Soft Pulls. Could be wrong but best I can deduce from my experience so far and a lot of other posts (here and in other forums).

(PRM) Soft Pull Dates (looking at my EQ report)

SMG Visa - 4/18

TR Visa - 4/19 *****that would be why I got the lower CL on this one.

RediVisa - 4/29 ****report showed 3 accounts paid off and only 1 balance of $16

All 3 were "PreApproved" ...asked for last 4 of Social and DOB to confirm identity. I pulled EQ report about an hour after approval(s) just to be sure and no HP's and I have monitoring with:

Credit Check Total (Experian)

Equifax Premeir

TransUnion

MyFico

Message 5 of 12
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approvals!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 3 For 3 Comenity SCT Visas Approvals (No HP's)

Goal was to increase / add some additional lines and increase my total available credit without the immediate score dip from a HP. My app spree is coming in a day or so. Comenity is typically generous with CLI's so these cards should grow over time. If they AA me later, I'll close the accounts...Total Rewards I'll use..Harrah's always shows me some love when I go to Vegas (at least once a year). SMG Visa, is going to get some use during holiday's for my kids and brother in law. The RediCard+ had a decent interest rate, not that I'll carry a balance.
Message 7 of 12
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! I have these cards and the hard pulls showed up on my CR the following day. If you get them on SP you're lucky.
Message 8 of 12
EmmaGolden
Frequent Contributor

Re: 3 For 3 Comenity SCT Visas Approvals (No HP's)

Only thing good to do with a Comenity cards, before you go to use it & find that Comenity thinks 12 inquiries are too many, with 3 being from their cards & 2 over a year old Smiley Wink

smaller.jpg

Message 9 of 12
schsa210
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approvals!

@ EmmaGolden, I totally agree with you.  I found out the hard way, got the Overton's MC via sct, had it and used it for about 1 month before they closed the account due to me having too many inquiries.  The way I found out was during my lunch break when I tried to swipe the card to pay for my food, good thing I carry those back-up cards.

~buried myself in the garden~
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.