cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 approvals today!

tag
cheezycheeze

3 approvals today!

Hi all! first post here but i have been reading and learning from everyone here for the last 3 months it seems. I appreciate all the great info everyone has willingly shared. Recently started caring about credit scores and such, and just a couple month ago my scores were in the high 500s. I have paid some debt off and have seen vantage scores go into the 640's. I have not applied for many cards in quite a bit a time but figured today was a good time to do so. I feel like the cards i chose to apply for i can grow with, and will definitely help my utilization.

First i applied for NFM (Nebraska Furniture Mart) Our fridge i feel is about to go Smiley Sad Got approved for $3,500!) Called credit solutions and they said new accounts are not eligible for CLI until 4 months. I marked off the date, however i asked and the rep said every CLI request is a hardpull.

Then i decided to apply for Discover IT, i wasn't so sure if i would be approved since i have been denied by Discover the last 2 times in 3 years. Approved for $1,400!

This one im excited for, as i have read they are pretty good with CLI's once you start reporting good marks with them.

Then i thought maybe apply for the Amazon prime store card, (Synchrony bank card) which would be such a great feeling if i was 3 for 3 on the day and then be done with it, Approved for $600. Not as high as i would have liked but having it approved was good enough.

With that im done for the day and for a good amount of time, like i said im looking to garden these for at least the next year. Was just wanting everyone's input as to how i should grow these the most efficiently? Any input is greatly appreciated, and im starting to like this credit journet to improve my financial outlook!

Cheezy 

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 3 approvals today!

Welcome to MyFICO

Congrats on the approvals.  Stick around on the forums even if you plan on gardening for the next year.  Lots to learn  and we even have a monthly thread dedicated to gardening to help you resist the urge to apply if that's your plan.  Good luck in your continuing credit growth.

Message 2 of 11
JimBo99
Regular Contributor

@cheezycheeze wrote:

Hi all! first post here but i have been reading and learning from everyone here for the last 3 months it seems. I appreciate all the great info everyone has willingly shared. Recently started caring about credit scores and such, and just a couple month ago my scores were in the high 500s. I have paid some debt off and have seen vantage scores go into the 640's. I have not applied for many cards in quite a bit a time but figured today was a good time to do so. I feel like the cards i chose to apply for i can grow with, and will definitely help my utilization.

First i applied for NFM (Nebraska Furniture Mart) Our fridge i feel is about to go Smiley Sad Got approved for $3,500!) Called credit solutions and they said new accounts are not eligible for CLI until 4 months. I marked off the date, however i asked and the rep said every CLI request is a hardpull.

Then i decided to apply for Discover IT, i wasn't so sure if i would be approved since i have been denied by Discover the last 2 times in 3 years. Approved for $1,400!

This one im excited for, as i have read they are pretty good with CLI's once you start reporting good marks with them.

Then i thought maybe apply for the Amazon prime store card, (Synchrony bank card) which would be such a great feeling if i was 3 for 3 on the day and then be done with it, Approved for $600. Not as high as i would have liked but having it approved was good enough.

With that im done for the day and for a good amount of time, like i said im looking to garden these for at least the next year. Was just wanting everyone's input as to how i should grow these the most efficiently? Any input is greatly appreciated, and im starting to like this credit journet to improve my financial outlook!

Cheezy 

Call credit solutions about your amazon card.  Ask for 25k, let them counter offer.  It's a SP, so there's no harm in asking.   I was approved for 1500 originally, called right after approval and it bumped to 5000.

Ok credit, getting better.....slowly.... Can't seem to stay in the Garden for any extended period of time. I'm trying. Mid to upper 600's across the board.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFM give auto CLIs. Mine have always happened in Dec. I've gotten anywhere from 300 to 1500 . All customer initiated CLIs requests are HPs. I requested one online at the end of March. Same day I called and informed him of my need to furnish my new house. He increased it even more to  $6500 based on the same pull. I originally started at $1500 back in 2010. Because it's a HP I let it grow organically. They always pull EX for me.

Discover CLI are usually SPs. I would start requesting every 30 days. I'm set to 90 days. I've gotten anywhere from 500 (most recently) to 5000, the CLI right before that one.

Amazon should also be SPs. Forget the website. Look for then number for credit solutions. When I was approved for Lowes (also sync) it was for $800. Same day I got it bumped to 12K. A few days ago, I got it bumped to 17K. 

Your miles may vary but you have room to grow Discover and Amazon while still gardening. I say usually SP because there is ALWAYS a chance a creditor can pull your report when requesting credit.

Message 4 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice day to be CheezySmiley Wink. Nice going, you got some growers thereSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrat's on the approvals Cheezy Smiley Happy I would hop on chat in about a month with the Amazon card and ask for an increase (go as high as you want, they'll counter back). Put as much use through the cards as you can and pay them off (maybe leaving a super small balance on 1 of them). And stick around here. i've learned so much in my yearish that I've been reading and finally joining in. This is a great community!

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approvals and recons!
Message 7 of 11
cheezycheeze

Thanks for the info so far guys! I did call synchrony's credit solutions number for Amazon to try to get a higher amount and got shot down. Rep asked me what my income was and social and sounded like they were pulling new credit, so I guess I should have asked to make sure. Oh well, I'll probably hop on chat in a month to try again.
Message 8 of 11
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Hope to see the Discover IT myself in the future Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 11
JimBo99
Regular Contributor

@cheezycheeze wrote:
Thanks for the info so far guys! I did call synchrony's credit solutions number for Amazon to try to get a higher amount and got shot down. Rep asked me what my income was and social and sounded like they were pulling new credit, so I guess I should have asked to make sure. Oh well, I'll probably hop on chat in a month to try again.

I'm under the impression that its always a SP.  I have 4 cards with Sync and have yet to receive any HPs beside the original one.  If they shot you down at the get go, your best chance is after 3-4 statements (I just got a big bump on my Marvel card after 3 statements), but there's no harm from asking sooner, likely.  They check your TU report, if that helps as well. 

Ok credit, getting better.....slowly.... Can't seem to stay in the Garden for any extended period of time. I'm trying. Mid to upper 600's across the board.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.