cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 month app spree approvals and TRASHED my Credit One!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 3 month app spree approvals and TRASHED my Credit One!!

That's amazing! Well done. Wish you all the best rebuilding. I'm on the same boat but my SL's are not as high as I would like them to be so have been forced to garden for at least the next 7 to 10 months. I hope to apply for a Citi Cash Rewards 2% card. We'll see. My real hopes are in a CSR but doubt I can get a $10,000 limit with any creditor...at least not in the near future.

Amex PRG $??; Amex SPG $1,000; Amex BEC $1,000; Chase Freedom $3,000; Chase Freedom Unl $500; CapitalOne QS $1,100; Target $300; AmazonPrime Card $800

Experian 671; EQ 686; TU 709

Gardening since 4/1/2017 - LOL!! ^_______^

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Mark! You've got some nice cards too I see! See you in the garden as of 4/1 haha

I think I'll keep the Cap one with that last comment. It's definitely not hurting me. Maybe they'll give me a decent CLI at some point but I hear they're pretty tight with their increases.
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job, all useful cards at good places that will grow and age together.  Nice Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Waverider. I alrequested a CLI on my Penfed Promise last night after the recommendation on this thread and it was approved for $2.5k. Happy dance!
Message 14 of 20
sjt
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

With all the new accounts you are going to take a hit on your score but will recover in about 3 months. I would wait until that point before I would make a Laptop purchase.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 15 of 20
DeeCorey
New Contributor

Congrats, CGuru, on an awesome credit journey and madd successful app spree!! You've definitely inspired me as next month I'll be diving into my first "mini app spree" after a year of gardening/rebuilding. You should be in the "700 club" in no time flat. Congrats again on a NICE set of cards! 😊

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

SJT- I was thinking the same thing. I think Penfed used my initial hardpull because I didn't get any new inquiries as of today. For some reason my EX went up 30 points after the BofA inquiry. So strange!
Will wait until I know if Penfed did a fresh pull before deciding on when to get the laptop. Appreciate the tip!

Thanks Loopyman! It really feels good to get some prime love. Good luck and let me know how it goes if you remember!
I'll be in the garden Smiley Wink
Message 17 of 20
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

I'm also in the keep Cap1 camp. You never know what may come up and Cap1 isn't very sensitive to much. They're not bad at all if you're not paying an AF.

Nice clean up on the new cards! Definitely garden and watch yourself climb. Don't be sad by a temporary score drop - which may happen with the new accounts posting. You'll get it back and continue to grow.

Also cosigning that you want 1-2 cards with the small balance, not all of them.

And get your laptop! Haha. Since you plan to pay it off quickly, get it right after your statement has cut. And then you can pay part of it before the next statement cut (to report under 30%) and then you don't have to worry about utilization on that one card so much. 

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approvals and great journey...keep up the good work...Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.