Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 new Accounts.

tag
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

3 new Accounts.

After getting negative information off my experian report i have applied for 3 cards, BCP, PRG, and the Discover It. YAY! CL: 2,000, ~, 3,500.
Amex of course pulled Experian, which is low, at 724 now from 727. Discover pulled equifax @742.
With CLI over the months, I dont think ill be applying for any other cards for the next two years, these and all the other inquiries i have on my report will fall off in 2019.
I was going to apply for the Quicksilver but learned they pulled all three Cb's.
I was also thinking of closing Home Depot and Macys CC, Dont need them. Thoughts?

Should i add a card? What one?
Thought I'd share. I Love reading these stories! 🙂
12 REPLIES 12
fiddycal
New Contributor

Re: 3 new Accounts.

Congrats on the approvals! Just got an AMEX recently myself, and from what I hear we can get a nice 3x CLI after 61 days!

I would say don't close the store cards since they don't cost anything and help with your utilization. But it's up to you.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your new additions! I love my AMEX cards 😃

I agree with not closing your store cards they do aid utilization. As for applying for other cards it really depends on your lifestyle. Are you looking for cash back cards like the Citi Double Cash or Rewards like Chase Sapphire Preferred?
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Love AMEX cards, too! Wil discover DISCOVER 😁.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't need cards you have, kick them to the curb. It's not going to affect your AAOA. Especially if they are toy limits. Anything over $5k, you may want to hold on to. Then get rid of them if and when you get higher lines.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If you don't need cards you have, kick them to the curb. It's not going to affect your AAOA. Especially if they are toy limits. Anything over $5k, you may want to hold on to. Then get rid of them if and when you get higher lines.

+1 Good advice given!

Message 6 of 13
driftless
Valued Contributor

If you don't need the store cards, go ahead and close them.  As to a fourth major card I would add a Visa or MC to go along with your Amex and Discover.  QS might be a good choice.

CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, Gregory, on some very nice approvals! Your scores are great, and it's a good feeling when baddies fall off our reports! Very happy for you - enjoy! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 13
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

I would apply, but I dont want the triple pull...

Maybe ill get over it in a couple days, though. Lol
Message 9 of 13
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

Any other suggestions for Visa/MC? Id get the freedom, but 5/24 rule rules me out.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.