Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30k Points SPG Amex Approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 30k Points SPG Amex Approval!

It's only a SP if you're declined. HP if you're approved. Might take a while, but you'll see it soon enough.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX had the 35k offer like 1 month ago. Just curious why you didnt go for that offer?

Message 12 of 15
chris4434
Established Member

Because the offer was 25,000 points for 3k spend in the first 3 months and 10,000 more points for an additional 2k spend in the first 6 months. I personally value Chase UR points slightly higher than SPG points due to the flexibility I get out of them and earning ability since I have the Sapphire Preferred and Freedom. I have a large expense coming up that is right at $3000 so my plan is to use the SPG Amex for that, get the bonus, and continue to put most of my everyday spend on the Sapphire/Freedom. 

I'd rather save the additonal $2000 spend for 2X and 5X categories on my Chase cards 

Message 13 of 15
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

AMEX had the 35k offer like 1 month ago. Just curious why you didnt go for that offer?

As the other poster said.  The 30k bonus only requires $3k spending (10 points/$).  The 35k bonus requires $5k spending (7 points/$).  The regular bonus is 25k (8.3 points/$)? So the 30k bonus is superior.

I got the 30k bonus with 3k spending.  Happy about it.

Message 14 of 15
ohnomyfigo
Contributor

Instead of going through the VPN incognito trouble (which only works sometimes), open a chrome browser window, click your name in the upper right hand corner of the window and then select "guest." Now head to the amex site and all the special offers will show up every time without fail. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.