Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

37k new credit!

tag
Repairman
Established Contributor

Re: 37k new credit!

@fm92555 wrote:

I wasn't paid to zero. I had charged it up some and paid it off about three times in the month and a half since my decline. I had a couple charges for fast food on there at the time of CLI and had just paid it off about a week earlier. I knew they wanted heavy use so I put away my AMEX and started using the Apple card for everything I could. When I asked for the increase I put in my text message that I wanted an increase to buy the new Macbook Pro just to see if that would help, but i don't think that had any affect because the app sent me over to GS for the approval.

I will keep up the heavy spending because they do appear to be generous with the credit lines and I really would like a few in the 20-30k level. I have transfered as many of my monthly autodraft utilities to the card to make sure there is a base amount of usage. It is nice to finally be back at the level I was pre-recession of 08. For a long time I was just a debit card user, much like how I PIF using my AMEX since they allowed me back in after a 10 year blacklist. 

That's fantastic. Last month I did a large amount of charge and PIF before the statement posted, and requesting a cli and was denied. This month I've charged even more (2/3 of my credit line) and was planning to let the full amount post to the statement, and then immediately PIF and request a cli again. Do you think that's wise? Or do you think I should at least pay some of it before the statement posts? And before requesting?

Message 21 of 24
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I would personally let the whole balance report and only then PIF, but I'm also hardened to having my FICO scores taking the temporary hit due to having a card reporting with high utilization.  If seeing that happen is going to make you nervous then you probably should pay down some of the balance before it reports.

You probably do want to pay down before requesting the CLI as it helps with the mindset that you're requesting the increase because you want to use it and not that you're looking to run up the balance even more because you can't pay what you already owe.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 22 of 24
Repairman
Established Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

I would personally let the whole balance report and only then PIF, but I'm also hardened to having my FICO scores taking the temporary hit due to having a card reporting with high utilization.  If seeing that happen is going to make you nervous then you probably should pay down some of the balance before it reports.

You probably do want to pay down before requesting the CLI as it helps with the mindset that you're requesting the increase because you want to use it and not that you're looking to run up the balance even more because you can't pay what you already owe.

I think you're right. Whatever hit my score may temporsrilly take should be relieved the next month when that card reports at 0.

Message 23 of 24
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.