cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd NFCU Card in 6 months. $25k Platinum Approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 3rd NFCU Card in 6 months. $25k Platinum Approval!

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your approval and monster SL !!!!

Navy strike again ....Navy is on holiday spirit for sure

Thank you. Everyday is like Christmas to Navy! Smiley LOL

Message 11 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Holy crap that’s crazy! Congrats!

What does your DTI look like? It must be quite low to get such massive limits! Smiley Happy

Thank you. My DTI is under 3%. My utilization on open accounts is under 2%. The 20% overall utilization is mostly from charge off accounts from 2013.

Well your app got me to fire off an app. I can tell I’m going to be bad at this gardening thing but if I can get a Plat with 5000+ I can BT my personal loan and knock out my biggest debt quickly. I’ll know in 24 hours. Probably know by noon tomorrow lol. 

Now I have to prepare for the scorn of the garden club Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 36
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

Just crazy, congrats on the awesome SL! I honestly dont even know if i would even apply for another card with that CL, thats just amazing. LOL!!Smiley LOL

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 13 of 36
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What does your DTI look like? It must be quite low to get such massive limits! Smiley Happy

Thank you. My DTI is under 3%. My utilization on open accounts is under 2%. The 20% overall utilization is mostly from charge off accounts from 2013.

Well your app got me to fire off an app. I can tell I’m going to be bad at this gardening thing but if I can get a Plat with 5000+ I can BT my personal loan and knock out my biggest debt quickly. I’ll know in 24 hours. Probably know by noon tomorrow lol. 

I highly recommend you stay away from this site while gardening or atleast the section, because of posts like this. LOL!!!Smiley LOL

Message 14 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nova5041 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I highly recommend you stay away from this site while gardening or atleast the section, because of posts like this. LOL!!!Smiley LOL

Yeah I know but I have been on the fence about going for a Plat anyway. My personal loan is $.85 a day in interest... a 0% BT would be the absolute best thing I could do for my credit right now. I only had two INQs on TU anyway so I could afford the hit but if I get this card, I’m gardening for at least 6 months. 

Anyway, don’t want to derail OP’s thread, I’ll post up after I hear back in my own thread Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Haha, I am terrible at gardening. Barely made it over 3 months of gardening this time around. lol

Good luck! I am sure you will be in for a big surprise tomorrow since it is your 2nd card with Navy. Like to the tune of $15k-$25k! Smiley Very Happy 

Message 16 of 36
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

AH YESSSSS, the love of seeing YOURE APPROVED!!!!! So addicting!!Smiley LOL

Message 17 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nova5041 wrote:

Just crazy, congrats on the awesome SL! I honestly dont even know if i would even apply for another card with that CL, thats just amazing. LOL!!Smiley LOL

Thank you! Never in my wildest dream I imagine getting $25k approval during my credit rebuilding. Smiley LOL

Haha I applied for the 75k SUB Amex Delta Gold offer I got in my email 15 minutes after my $25k Platinum approval and got shot down. Score too low and not long enough history with Amex. I guess 6 months of history with Amex is not the same as 6 months of history with Navy Fed. Smiley LOL

Message 18 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Haha, I am terrible at gardening. Barely made it over 3 months of gardening this time around. lol

Good luck! I am sure you will be in for a big surprise tomorrow since it is your 2nd card with Navy. Like to the tune of $15k-$25k! Smiley Very Happy 

Well if they give me 15-25K, we will have confirmation that they’re drinking for the holidays as I only have 18k income lol. But 5k would be perfect for my BT purposes and would only put me at 33% utilization temporarily. 

Then when the BT is paid off, I would eventually just get them to combine the Plat with my cashRewards since I have no need for the card on an ongoing basis and it will likely be higher interest than my CR’s 11.65% anyway. 

But Navy is unpredictable, I could be looking at my first denial in 2 years too. Lol. Time will tell. 

Message 19 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Nova5041 wrote:

Thank you! Never in my wildest dream I imagine getting $25k approval during my credit rebuilding. Smiley LOL

Haha I applied for the 75k SUB Amex Delta Gold offer I got in my email 15 minutes after my $25k Platinum approval and got shot down. Score too low and not long enough history with Amex. I guess 6 months of history with Amex is not the same as 6 months of history with Navy Fed. Smiley LOL

Navy is one of a kind! Definitely the next level credit union!

Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.