cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd NFCU Card in 6 months. $25k Platinum Approval!

tag
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Re: 3rd NFCU Card in 6 months. $25k Platinum Approval!

@Nova5041 wrote:

I highly recommend you stay away from this site while gardening or atleast the section, because of posts like this. LOL!!!Smiley LOL

OMGOSH!!!  This^^^^^

It's the reason I try to avoid this board!!

Often I don't come to this board at all. Not because I'm not happy for everyone, I AM HAPPY, Very happy for everyone.

I love to share in their excitement..

But it gives me an awful urge to app.. Good & evil.gif

Message 21 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

@Nova5041 wrote:

I highly recommend you stay away from this site while gardening or atleast the section, because of posts like this. LOL!!!Smiley LOL

OMGOSH!!!  This^^^^^

It's the reason I try to avoid this board!!

Often I don't come to this board at all. Not because I'm not happy for everyone, I AM HAPPY, Very happy for everyone.

I love to share in their excitement..

But it gives me an awful urge to app.. Good & evil.gif

That emoji is pretty much perfect. I’m a Libra so I deal with that exact scenario every single day of my life. Most of the time multiple times an hour. 🤣 

Message 22 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Haha, I am terrible at gardening. Barely made it over 3 months of gardening this time around. lol

Good luck! I am sure you will be in for a big surprise tomorrow since it is your 2nd card with Navy. Like to the tune of $15k-$25k! Smiley Very Happy 

Well if they give me 15-25K, we will have confirmation that they’re drinking for the holidays as I only have 18k income lol. But 5k would be perfect for my BT purposes and would only put me at 33% utilization temporarily. 

Then when the BT is paid off, I would eventually just get them to combine the Plat with my cashRewards since I have no need for the card on an ongoing basis and it will likely be higher interest than my CR’s 11.65% anyway. 

But Navy is unpredictable, I could be looking at my first denial in 2 years too. Lol. Time will tell. 

Well, you will find out tomorrow. Hopefully, it will be early xmas present from Navy! Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 36
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Nova5041 wrote:

Just crazy, congrats on the awesome SL! I honestly dont even know if i would even apply for another card with that CL, thats just amazing. LOL!!Smiley LOL

Thank you! Never in my wildest dream I imagine getting $25k approval during my credit rebuilding. Smiley LOL

Haha I applied for the 75k SUB Amex Delta Gold offer I got in my email 15 minutes after my $25k Platinum approval and got shot down. Score too low and not long enough history with Amex. I guess 6 months of history with Amex is not the same as 6 months of history with Navy Fed. Smiley LOL

Navy has been hit or miss lately. Your profile is pretty close to mine. Also opened my NFCU account in may with a cash rewards $500 limit. I last tried in October, no CLI or 2nd card. DTI was 13%, UTI around 55%. I was approved for the Delta Gold with a 641 though. I'm not even able to app for a Gold. They took it away.

Message 24 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Haha, I am terrible at gardening. Barely made it over 3 months of gardening this time around. lol

Good luck! I am sure you will be in for a big surprise tomorrow since it is your 2nd card with Navy. Like to the tune of $15k-$25k! Smiley Very Happy 

Well if they give me 15-25K, we will have confirmation that they’re drinking for the holidays as I only have 18k income lol. But 5k would be perfect for my BT purposes and would only put me at 33% utilization temporarily. 

Then when the BT is paid off, I would eventually just get them to combine the Plat with my cashRewards since I have no need for the card on an ongoing basis and it will likely be higher interest than my CR’s 11.65% anyway. 

But Navy is unpredictable, I could be looking at my first denial in 2 years too. Lol. Time will tell. 

Well, you will find out tomorrow. Hopefully, it will be early xmas present from Navy! Smiley Happy

They gave me the the $4500 CLI I requested bringing my CR from $3K to $7500 for my 91/3 this past Monday. I think it could go either way since I opted for the CLI instead of a new card then but I can probably get them to claw back some of the CLI to open the Platinum at worst and just ask for another CLI in June. 

I have no doubt Navy will work with me either way Smiley Very Happy

It definitely won’t be that amazing SL you just got though haha!

Message 25 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Nova5041 wrote:

Just crazy, congrats on the awesome SL! I honestly dont even know if i would even apply for another card with that CL, thats just amazing. LOL!!Smiley LOL

Thank you! Never in my wildest dream I imagine getting $25k approval during my credit rebuilding. Smiley LOL

Haha I applied for the 75k SUB Amex Delta Gold offer I got in my email 15 minutes after my $25k Platinum approval and got shot down. Score too low and not long enough history with Amex. I guess 6 months of history with Amex is not the same as 6 months of history with Navy Fed. Smiley LOL

Navy has been hit or miss lately. Your profile is pretty close to mine. Also opened my NFCU account in may with a cash rewards $500 limit. I last tried in October, no CLI or 2nd card. DTI was 13%, UTI around 55%. I was approved for the Delta Gold with a 641 though. I'm not even able to app for a Gold. They took it away.

Yeah, our profiles are pretty similar. I got denied by NFCU for my CLI 3 months ago then approved the same day for $15k Flagship. Credit is a strange world. We all must be an algorithm to banks. 

Message 26 of 36
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the massive SL !

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 27 of 36
rbentley
Established Contributor

Big congrats on the approval!

I wonder if it is Flagship that is playing a part in some of these approvals.  They seem to be very liberal in approving that card and the vast majority of approvals are for $15,000.  Could the fact that it is their AF card make them more liberal in granting that card?  Does holding a Flagship make it easier to obtain a 3rd card, as opposed to maybe having their GR and AmEx?

*Asking for a friend...I am an honest gardener*.

Message 28 of 36
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Nova5041 wrote:

Yeah, our profiles are pretty similar. I got denied by NFCU for my CLI 3 months ago then approved the same day for $15k Flagship. Credit is a strange world. We all must be an algorithm to banks. 

Congratulations. Navy loves low DTI. Just keep doing what you're doing, and you'll have three five digit cards before you know it.

As for Amex, keep using the Gold card for a year. The revolvers will likely open up then.

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 29 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Medic981 wrote:

Congrats on the massive SL !

Thank you very much! Smiley Very Happy

Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.