cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd NFCU Card in 6 months. $25k Platinum Approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 3rd NFCU Card in 6 months. $25k Platinum Approval!

@rbentley wrote:

Big congrats on the approval!

I wonder if it is Flagship that is playing a part in some of these approvals.  They seem to be very liberal in approving that card and the vast majority of approvals are for $15,000.  Could the fact that it is their AF card make them more liberal in granting that card?  Does holding a Flagship make it easier to obtain a 3rd card, as opposed to maybe having their GR and AmEx?

*Asking for a friend...I am an honest gardener*.

Thank you. I have been seeing a lot of Flagship approvals $15k or higher regardless of FICO score. 

*For your friend, he or she should jump in when the fire is hot! Smiley Very Happy

Message 31 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bizarrocreditworld wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Nova5041 wrote:

Just crazy, congrats on the awesome SL! I honestly dont even know if i would even apply for another card with that CL, thats just amazing. LOL!!Smiley LOL

Thank you! Never in my wildest dream I imagine getting $25k approval during my credit rebuilding. Smiley LOL

Haha I applied for the 75k SUB Amex Delta Gold offer I got in my email 15 minutes after my $25k Platinum approval and got shot down. Score too low and not long enough history with Amex. I guess 6 months of history with Amex is not the same as 6 months of history with Navy Fed. Smiley LOL

Navy has been hit or miss lately. Your profile is pretty close to mine. Also opened my NFCU account in may with a cash rewards $500 limit. I last tried in October, no CLI or 2nd card. DTI was 13%, UTI around 55%. I was approved for the Delta Gold with a 641 though. I'm not even able to app for a Gold. They took it away.

Yeah, our profiles are pretty similar. I got denied by NFCU for my CLI 3 months ago then approved the same day for $15k Flagship. Credit is a strange world. We all must be an algorithm to banks. 

Congratulations. Navy loves low DTI. Just keep doing what you're doing, and you'll have three five digit cards before you know it.

As for Amex, keep using the Gold card for a year. The revolvers will likely open up then.

Thank you. Yeah, Navy must love low DTI. I put $9k through my Amex Gold card in 6 months. Hopefully, they will let me have a revolver soon. Smiley Happy

Message 32 of 36
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Thank you. I have been seeing a lot of Flagship approvals $15k or higher regardless of FICO score. 

*For your friend, he or she should jump in when the fire is hot! Smiley Very Happy

Much congrats!  I seem to be perhaps 6 months behind you...  hoping for my third after I gain 40 points or so and have 6 month more of NFCU history.  Your timeline tells a great story.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 33 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

Much congrats!  I seem to be perhaps 6 months behind you...  hoping for my third after I gain 40 points or so and have 6 month more of NFCU history.  Your timeline tells a great story.

Thank you! You are well on your way with Navy with your two cards. FICO score doesn't mean as much to them as your NFCU history with them. Smiley Happy

Message 34 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats

Message 35 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats

Thank you! Smiley Happy

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.