Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd NFCU card, USAA, Amex BCE approved

tag
Gmoney144
Regular Contributor

3rd NFCU card, USAA, Amex BCE approved

My Fico score recently increased some 50 points (698) within the past 3 months.  Decided to apply for a credit increase on my NFCU platinum card. Received a $5000 increase to $15000.  I figured I would apply for the NFCU Amex card and was approved for $20,000. Total exposure is now 55,000 (NFCU Cashback rewards card has a $20,000 limit).  I thought to myself that if I’m going to take a hit on my FICO Score, I might as well go for the cards I wanted. I have the military affiliate 101st airborne card and Platinum Rate Advantage card through USAA.  I asked and received an increase from $2000 to $6000 for the 101st card. Applied and approved for the USAA Amex Rewards card at $2000 sl. This card is the only one I really desired. 5% back on gas and a promotion of $150 when you spend $500.  The rep suggested I cancel the USAA Rate Advantage card because the limit of $500 was low which I concurred.  Amex was next.  Went through the Amex pre-approval process. BCE was one of the cards that I was pre-approved for.  Had to call in and was approved for $1000. My first Amex card so happy just to be in.   Lastly, I canceled Capital One. I’ve had it for a year and with no increases on the $1500 limit it had no advantages for me.  Thinking of canceling my BofA cash rewards although I’ve had it for 5 years.  I have an aversion to having more than 8 credit cards.  Just makes life simpler for me.  Amex Platinum and Ft Knox are the only cards I want, however I’m going to garden for the next year.  Thanks to this site for the valuable information.  

Business Cards
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 3rd NFCU card, USAA, Amex BCU approved

Congrats on your approvals and the elusive 3rd NFCU credit card.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals.

What is an Amex BCU?

Message 3 of 14
Gmoney144
Regular Contributor

Oops. BCE.  Blue cash everyday   

Business Cards
Message 4 of 14
Batsamandrobin
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your approvals, OP!

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 3rd NFCU card, USAA, Amex BCE approved

Congrats on approval and monster SL

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approvals!!

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great job! Congratulations!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.