cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd NFCU card approved ($500 CL -- yeah, you read that right)

tag
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

3rd NFCU card approved ($500 CL -- yeah, you read that right)

With this approval and starting limit, 2 thoughts come to mind,

"My profile is at max exposure with NFCU"

"Ummmm, submit recon and hope for the best!"

DPs.

TU pulled: 777 FIC0 8

UTIL: 3%

AAoA: 3 years, 5-6 months est.

Sig has the rest

nfcu-plat.png

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: 3rd NFCU card approved ($500 CL -- yeah, you read that right)

"3rd NFCU card approved"

Congratulations, Pretty White Card!

Message 2 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Strange approval amount what is your exposure with NFCU?  Their max unsecured for CC is now 80k.  If you have reached that across your cards you are at max exposure otherwise ya either recon it or after 3 months hope for a sp cli by requesting it.

Message 3 of 26
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Strange approval amount what is your exposure with NFCU?  Their max unsecured for CC is now 80k.  If you have reached that across your cards you are at max exposure otherwise ya either recon it or after 3 months hope for a sp cli by requesting it.

I beleive I'm at my profile's max with them but not their overall max.

Exposure previous to this card:

cash rewards: $40K CL

gorewards: $19K CL

CLOC: $15K CL

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Didn't they kinda stick it to ya with the APR also?  With 770s you'd think it would be 10% or less (unless 11% is the new minimum).  With the cards you already have it looks as if you just got bored.  Maybe you can move some money around from your other two Navy cards.

My strategy is I never want to screw Navy.  A second and a third card just increases the chances of me missing a payment or losing a job and hitting hard times and not being able to pay them back on time.  I'm quite content with my one $22k Cash Rewards card with its 10.15% APR.

Message 5 of 26
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Didn't they kinda stick it to ya with the APR also?  With 770s you'd think it would be 10% or less (unless 11% is the new minimum).  With the cards you already have it looks as if you just got bored.  Maybe you can move some money around from your other two Navy cards.

My strategy is I never want to screw Navy.  A second and a third card just increases the chances of me missing a payment or losing a job and hitting hard times and not being able to pay them back on time.  I'm quite content with my one $22k Cash Rewards card with its 10.15% APR.

No bordem. Simply looking to have an everyday, no frills, low APR, no fee card. If Navy could consolidate, then I would.

Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!!!

Message 7 of 26
Gmood1
Super Contributor

They will consolidate. I just product changed my GO rewards to a Platinum last Sunday. I want a BT no fee card with a high limit if I need it in the future.
Message 8 of 26
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:
They will consolidate. I just product changed my GO rewards to a Platinum last Sunday. I want a BT no fee card with a high limit if I need it in the future.

Thank you! That's a PC, yes, but will they consolidate CLs as well?

Message 9 of 26
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Yes they will.
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.