cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd NFCU card approved ($500 CL -- yeah, you read that right)

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

3rd NFCU card approved ($500 CL -- yeah, you read that right)

With this approval and starting limit, 2 thoughts come to mind,

"My profile is at max exposure with NFCU"

"Ummmm, submit recon and hope for the best!"

 

DPs.

TU pulled: 777 FIC0 8

UTIL: 3%

AAoA: 3 years, 5-6 months est.

Sig has the rest

 

nfcu-plat.png

 

 

744 INQs: 10754 INQs: 5743 INQs: 12UTIL: 1%AAoA: 3yr 6mosTotal Credit Line: $8616250
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Epic Contributor

Re: 3rd NFCU card approved ($500 CL -- yeah, you read that right)

"3rd NFCU card approved"

Congratulations, Pretty White Card!

Message 2 of 26
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: 3rd NFCU card approved ($500 CL -- yeah, you read that right)

Strange approval amount what is your exposure with NFCU?  Their max unsecured for CC is now 80k.  If you have reached that across your cards you are at max exposure otherwise ya either recon it or after 3 months hope for a sp cli by requesting it.

Message 3 of 26
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: 3rd NFCU card approved ($500 CL -- yeah, you read that right)


@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Strange approval amount what is your exposure with NFCU?  Their max unsecured for CC is now 80k.  If you have reached that across your cards you are at max exposure otherwise ya either recon it or after 3 months hope for a sp cli by requesting it.


I beleive I'm at my profile's max with them but not their overall max.

 

Exposure previous to this card:

cash rewards: $40K CL

gorewards: $19K CL

CLOC: $15K CL

744 INQs: 10754 INQs: 5743 INQs: 12UTIL: 1%AAoA: 3yr 6mosTotal Credit Line: $8616250
Message 4 of 26
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: 3rd NFCU card approved ($500 CL -- yeah, you read that right)

Didn't they kinda stick it to ya with the APR also?  With 770s you'd think it would be 10% or less (unless 11% is the new minimum).  With the cards you already have it looks as if you just got bored.  Maybe you can move some money around from your other two Navy cards.

 

My strategy is I never want to screw Navy.  A second and a third card just increases the chances of me missing a payment or losing a job and hitting hard times and not being able to pay them back on time.  I'm quite content with my one $22k Cash Rewards card with its 10.15% APR.

Message 5 of 26
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: 3rd NFCU card approved ($500 CL -- yeah, you read that right)


@CreditContractor wrote:

Didn't they kinda stick it to ya with the APR also?  With 770s you'd think it would be 10% or less (unless 11% is the new minimum).  With the cards you already have it looks as if you just got bored.  Maybe you can move some money around from your other two Navy cards.

 

My strategy is I never want to screw Navy.  A second and a third card just increases the chances of me missing a payment or losing a job and hitting hard times and not being able to pay them back on time.  I'm quite content with my one $22k Cash Rewards card with its 10.15% APR.


No bordem. Simply looking to have an everyday, no frills, low APR, no fee card. If Navy could consolidate, then I would.

744 INQs: 10754 INQs: 5743 INQs: 12UTIL: 1%AAoA: 3yr 6mosTotal Credit Line: $8616250
Message 6 of 26
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: 3rd NFCU card approved ($500 CL -- yeah, you read that right)

Congrats on your approval !!!!

 

 

8-2019 / Fico 8 EX 8013 , EQ 8016 , TR 810
Amex ED 22k , CSP 17k , Discover iT 12.5k , Fifth Third Bank S2C 12k , BofA Cash Rewards 10k , Avianca Vida 10k , State Farm Good Neighbor Visa 10k , Citi DD 6k , Union Bank Rewards 5k
Message 7 of 26
Highlighted
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: 3rd NFCU card approved ($500 CL -- yeah, you read that right)

They will consolidate. I just product changed my GO rewards to a Platinum last Sunday. I want a BT no fee card with a high limit if I need it in the future.


My most prized tradeline.
Message 8 of 26
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: 3rd NFCU card approved ($500 CL -- yeah, you read that right)


@Gmood1 wrote:
They will consolidate. I just product changed my GO rewards to a Platinum last Sunday. I want a BT no fee card with a high limit if I need it in the future.

Thank you! That's a PC, yes, but will they consolidate CLs as well?

744 INQs: 10754 INQs: 5743 INQs: 12UTIL: 1%AAoA: 3yr 6mosTotal Credit Line: $8616250
Message 9 of 26
Highlighted
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: 3rd NFCU card approved ($500 CL -- yeah, you read that right)

Yes they will.


My most prized tradeline.
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.