cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd NFCU card approved ($500 CL -- yeah, you read that right)

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Re: 3rd NFCU card approved ($500 CL -- yeah, you read that right)

@Anonymous wrote:

Didn't they kinda stick it to ya with the APR also?  With 770s you'd think it would be 10% or less (unless 11% is the new minimum).  With the cards you already have it looks as if you just got bored.  Maybe you can move some money around from your other two Navy cards.

My strategy is I never want to screw Navy.  A second and a third card just increases the chances of me missing a payment or losing a job and hitting hard times and not being able to pay them back on time.  I'm quite content with my one $22k Cash Rewards card with its 10.15% APR.

Same here. I've thought about trying for the second card with the possible even better $25k CL--but they just don't have anything else CC wise I'm interested in at the moment. I'll just keep my CR and try to run it up to a $50k limit if I can.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

With 40k tied up in your CR...perhaps moving a chunk of that to your plat?? 40k is alot in one place like that.

At least it wasnt a "No". Congrats!

Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can reallocate limits or combine cards by sending a SM to the credit limit increase/decrease department. In February I had them take $5K from my cashRewards and add it to my Platinum then PC the cashRewards to More Rewards in a single message. 

Congrats on the approval!

Message 13 of 26
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

But at least you got a sweet APR lol. Congrats! I think we all know that’s gonna grow

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 14 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

ya kinda curious why you didnt get the best apr with your scores.. Be curious of the letter they send you when you get the card as if you don't get the best terms they must list the reasons why.. Would of expected you to get the 8.x rate.  Although after a year you certainly call and get it lowered and as other stated nfcu lets you move limits around now.  

Message 15 of 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats YSmiley Happy. That is my specialtySmiley Happy $500 is forever known as an AJC SPECIAL. Smiley Wink .Mmore on Disco but i get these with Navy too!
Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

ya kinda curious why you didnt get the best apr with your scores.. Be curious of the letter they send you when you get the card as if you don't get the best terms they must list the reasons why.. Would of expected you to get the 8.x rate.  Although after a year you certainly call and get it lowered and as other stated nfcu lets you move limits around now.  

The 770 mentioned by the OP was FICO 8 so I assume the F9 scores are considerably lower.  That's just a guess however.

Message 17 of 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Not sure @Anonymous, my Fico 9s are actually higher than my 8Smiley Wink
Message 18 of 26
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Ysettle4 wrote:

With this approval and starting limit, 2 thoughts come to mind,

"My profile is at max exposure with NFCU"

"Ummmm, submit recon and hope for the best!"

DPs.

TU pulled: 777 FIC0 8

UTIL: 3%

AAoA: 3 years, 5-6 months est.

Sig has the rest

nfcu-plat.png

Congrats on the approval! A year ago I had applied for a CLI on my GoRewards but it went to review, so figured might as well apply for a new card to then. Applied for the MoreRewards amex and that went to review. As it would be they got to my CLI first bumping me up to $32k and then approved the amex for $600...lol Annoyed I closed it out. Waited 3 months and applied again for the same card, but this time they approved it for $23,000

Feeling redeemed I kept it open, banked on the SUB. I then PC'd my GoRewards to Flagship and then merged the amex into it for a $59k limit. I'm pretty sure I'm at my cap like you are ($59k Flagship and $15k CLOC). I'm sure if I applied for anything there i'd get the same result

Message 19 of 26
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@credit_is_crackI'm right there with you, also maxed out with NFCU. Exposure a hair over $79k spread over 3 cards and a Cloc. Although you may have a little more to go before hitting that wall.

@AverageJoesCredit , as you also stated my FICO 9s have always been higher than my FICO 8s.

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.