Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3x BOA (Not Amex) CLI!!!

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 3x BOA (Not Amex) CLI!!!

Congrats, Bsong -- that's a wonderful increase! I have a BoA 1-2-3 rewards, too, and I really like it.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 21 of 26
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

Congrats, Bsong -- that's a wonderful increase! I have a BoA 1-2-3 rewards, too, and I really like it.

+1 Congrats Bsong! BofA has been awesome to me also. I went from a 2000 secured card opened in May 2012 to an usecured one with 11K limit today. I also have gone from a Better Balance MC opened in March of 2013 with a 2k starting limit and now a 7k limit. Been using the cards heavily put PIF almost every month. Called in to request a PC and upgrade to Previlege Cash rewards siggy but was told i needed a HP or apply for the card. In the garden now so declined. Very great customer service so far.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 22 of 26
HiLine
Blogger

@dodgerslv wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

+1 Congrats Bsong! BofA has been awesome to me also. I went from a 2000 secured card opened in May 2012 to an usecured one with 11K limit today. I also have gone from a Better Balance MC opened in March of 2013 with a 2k starting limit and now a 7k limit. Been using the cards heavily put PIF almost every month. Called in to request a PC and upgrade to Previlege Cash rewards siggy but was told i needed a HP or apply for the card. In the garden now so declined. Very great customer service so far.

+1. I've had a very similar experience with BofA. I started with a 2000 Cash Rewards secured card in January 2012 and ended up with a non-secured one with 12k limit today - the highest limit card in my portfolio. I also have a BofA Travel Rewards Visa Signature card which I opened in November 2012 with a 5k limit which I am now using everyday. Called a couple of weeks ago to request an APR reduction on the Cash Rewards and was given 11.99%, the lowest in my portfolio. BofA customer service has been very polite and helpful to me. 

Message 23 of 26
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@Bsong wrote:
@armbenderc I just got the notication today from credit karma. Hit in TU. Hopeing thats the only pull.

For a CLI up to 15k? It was worth it in my book.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 24 of 26
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

HiLine wrote:

DaveSignal wrote:

Bsong wrote:
@DaveSignal. We currently rent and its at $1500 split between me and my wife its $750 Smiley Happy .

@HiLine. I guess. She seemed really surprised though. As if it was her first day and I was the first person she spoke with who asked me such a high increase. Iono...

I am thinking about doing that too, since I live with my wife.  My rent is almost $2000.  My wife doesn't actually pay any part of this, but she is technically a co-applicant on the lease, so she is just as responsible for paying it as me.  Due to this, I am trying to rationalize that I can say my rent owed is $1000. 

Since you and your wife live together you should declare household income.

How much of a credit limit increase are you going to ask for? As long as your family income is in the six digits you should be able to get a total credit limit of 15k or more.

I don't think thats how it works.  This is not a joint account.  The bank is using this number to determine my ability to pay my bills.  I would never put household income on an app asking for my income....    its ok though, I think BoA should give me something just with my income.  I might half my rent payment, though, because that contract does have joint responsibility.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 25 of 26
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

congrats thats awesome!

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.