Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 new card approvals and a handful of CLIs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

4 new card approvals and a handful of CLIs

First off, I want to mention that I have just surpassed my 2018 goal of getting my Credit Scores to 700. As of now my CK scores for TU and EQ are 702 and 704 respectively. My actual FICO scores for TU and EQ are at 686 and 684 but has not updated since I got Credit One to remove a paid Charge Off from my reports, so I assume that's well into the 700s now as well.

My last set of cards I've gotten are now 3 months old and the ones before that are now at 6 months, I was able to get CLIs for some of them:

Discover It (opened 3/18): $2400 -> auto CLI to $2900 -> luv button to $3200

Amazon Store card (3/18): $600 -> luv button to $2000 (I thought I aimed high, probably could've requested more)

CapitalOne Platinum (3/18): $300 -> luv button to $400 (hey, it's something)

Fingerhut (12/17): $800 -> auto CLI to $1100

Kohl's (12/17): $300 -> luv button to $700

Macy's' (05/13) $100 -> luv button to $600 (also could've aimed higher since I've had this card for over 5 years and have never gotten an CLI on it)

tried for a CLI on my Paypal Cashback MC but was denied, not sure why. I'll find out when the letter comes in.

To Celebrate that, I went on a small app spree and got myself 4 new cards:

Marvel Mastercard: $1000 SL

Amazon Visa Signature: $500 SL

American Express CashMagnet: $500 SL

update: I thought I had gotten denied for the Best Buy Visa card, but it appears that they just needed me to call in and verify info on the application. I ended up getting approved with a $2000 SL!

Was happy to get approved for the Marvel card since I've been desiring that one for months. I did get denied for several others but I'm not gonna be applying for anything else until I reach my next goal of 750.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 3 new card approvals and a handful of CLIs

Congrats!

The auto CLI are also good.

Your profile is growing great!

Now time to just sit back, take care of it all, and garden hardy!

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

COngrats on 3 approvals

Message 3 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice haulSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 4 new card approvals and a handful of CLIs

Great work...Congratulations!!

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great work. Congrats.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!
Message 7 of 14
EW800
Valued Contributor

Congrats on all the successes!   Smiley Happy

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s a win, win, win!!!
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got the Paypal CLI denial letter in the mail today. It looks like they pulled my reports from way back in April when my TU was 653 and I still had that Credit One CO on it. Tried calling Synchrony Credit Services but they weren't able to help me. So I guess I gotta give it another month or so and retry for one.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.