Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4th AMEX Approval within 100 days!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

4th AMEX Approval within 100 days!

Hey all, 

You don't need to tell me twice, I know I'm starting to really push the envelope with AMEX, but then again, I think they just really like me. Anyway, I decided to apply for The Premier Rewards Gold Charge Card late last night and got the 7-10 day message...

Fast forward to this morning, I decided to give AMEX's New Accounts team a call to see anything could be done to speed along the application process. Sure enough, I got transfered to the Security Team that verified my personal information. The agent explained the reason for the hold on the app was for fraud prevention purposes and them just wanting to make sure that it was indeed me applying for the card. After he confirmed all of my information, he told he would have to hang up and call me back on my same number as a security precaution. I agreed, we disconnected and 30 seconds later he called back and re-confirmed my information and BAM! APPROVED FOR THE PRG(NPSL). They even offered to overnight my new card to me which really helps since I'm leaving for vacation to California on Wednesday morning! I really love AMEX these days. Anything is possible kids, now I just gotta decide when to cancel my Green Card since there's no reason to keep it with the PRG. But, I might just wait until the Green Card's 13th month so that I can upgrade it to The Platinum Card! No more applications for now though!

Data Points:

8/17/16 - Instantly Approved for Blue Cash EveryDay with $1,000 Spending Limit

8/22/16 - Approved for Delta SkyMiles Gold with $10,000 Spending Limit after 3-5 security hold

9/29/16 - Instantly Approved for Green Charge Card with No Pre-set Spending Limit

62 Day CLI Performed on Delta SkyMiles Gold increasing Spending Limit by $10,000 to a total of $20,000

> Estimated combined spend across All Cards within the last 90 days: Over $14,000!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 4th AMEX Approval within 100 days!

Congrats.. Mind me asking why you went for the Green card a few months back and now the PRG?  Plan on ditching the green card I would assume as the PRG is superior in every way possible especially if you got the 50k offer.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey all, 

You don't need to tell me twice, I know I'm starting to really push the envelope with AMEX, but then again, I think they just really like me. Anyway, I decided to apply for The Premier Rewards Gold Charge Card late last night and got the 7-10 day message...

Fast forward to this morning, I decided to give AMEX's New Accounts team a call to see anything could be done to speed along the application process. Sure enough, I got transfered to the Security Team that verified my personal information. The agent explained the reason for the hold on the app was for fraud prevention purposes and them just wanting to make sure that it was indeed me applying for the card. After he confirmed all of my information, he told he would have to hang up and call me back on my same number as a security precaution. I agreed, we disconnected and 30 seconds later he called back and re-confirmed my information and BAM! APPROVED FOR THE PRG(NPSL). They even offered to overnight my new card to me which really helps since I'm leaving for vacation to California on Wednesday morning! I really love AMEX these days. Anything is possible kids, now I just gotta decide when to cancel my Green Card since there's no reason to keep it with the PRG. 

Data Points:

8/17/16 - Instantly Approved for Blue Cash EveryDay with $1,000 Spending Limit

8/22/16 - Approved for Delta SkyMiles Gold with $10,000 Spending Limit after 3-5 security hold

9/29/16 - Instantly Approved for Green Charge Card with No Pre-set Spending Limit

62 Day CLI Performed on Delta SkyMiles Gold increasing Spending Limit by $10,000 to a total of $20,000

> Estimated combined spend across All Cards within the last 90 days: Over $14,000!

Congratulations! I know the feeling. I got all four of mine in a week (PRG, PLAT, Delta Gold, and BCE). AMEX has been very generous as of late.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I did get the 50k/2k spend offer which is great! To tell you the truth, I had no idea that the underwriting criteria for AMEX's Charge Cards is the same across the board, if I knew that before I actually applied for the Green Card, I would've just went for the PRG at the beginning, now I know! I think I'll end up keeping the Green until it's eligible for its 13th month upgrade and then possibly upgrade it/PC to the Platinum Card. Definitely will direct 85% of all spend to PRG now though.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice bud! The Platinum Card is next on my radar and I'll most likely be moving my now useless Green Card into that as an upgrade when the 13th month rolls around, only 9 more months!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approvals!

Banks don't "really like" anyone. They will close your accounts down in a blink of the eye. Whether you PIF, pay on time or any other reason they begin to not like your profile. I would suggest taking caution.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! And getting rid of the Green card is a great idea.. I just don't know if upgrading to Plat is the way to do it. You can generally get between 40k-100k sign up bonus when you app for Plat. It would suck to lose out on those MR.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals! Reminds me of this past summer, they gave me SPG, SimplyCash, Platinum, PRG and ED within I think two months.

Definitely don't pass up the 100k Plat sign-up bonus.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.