Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4th PenFed card approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

4th PenFed card approved!

I thought I’d provide a data point. I was always under the impression PenFed would only allow 3 cards max. Did a little fishing (or what I call drunk apping) and I was shocked to get approved for the PenFed Gold with a $10,000 limit. I have an Amex Pathfinder at $5,000, Amex Travel Rewards at $10,000 and a Platinum rewards at $12,000. I also have a personal loan with them I was just approved for. PenFed is hot for my file I guess!
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
gjean78
Regular Contributor

Re: 4th PenFed card approved!

congratulations on your approval and your success with pen fed. btw you mind share some of the data points such your credit score, utilization, your income to debt ratio, which Bureau they pull. since I'm a veteran i want to joind pen fed to see what they all about

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your another PenFed approval! They really love you! Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 17
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

Message 4 of 17
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval and the data points!

I wasn't sure myself what was with allowable CCs. I think I've only seen 3 as posted on member's signature.
Message 5 of 17
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Aaaaah! Nothing beats drunk apping!
Congrats on your 4th PF!
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 6 of 17
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

21785i28A83A703392EAB8.gif

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I thought I’d provide a data point. I was always under the impression PenFed would only allow 3 cards max. Did a little fishing (or what I call drunk apping) and I was shocked to get approved for the PenFed Gold with a $10,000 limit. I have an Amex Pathfinder at $5,000, Amex Travel Rewards at $10,000 and a Platinum rewards at $12,000. I also have a personal loan with them I was just approved for. PenFed is hot for my file I guess!

@Anonymous  Congrats, that is awesome.   They do love your profile for sure. 

In the past 2 years, i've never heard of a limit on how many PF cards you can have, but i have heard many times that your overall exposure is limited to 50k with them. 

Navy has a 3 card limit.  They don't limit the exposure to 50k. 

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gjean78 wrote:
congratulations on your approval and your success with pen fed. btw you mind share some of the data points such your credit score, utilization, your income to debt ratio, which Bureau they pull. since I'm a veteran i want to joind pen fed to see what they all about

@gjean78 

I can tell you from my EXP PF is great for lower rates on loans usually, but they are a bit more conservative (cpmpared to Navy) unless you have a clean file or high income.  I've had the same 3k limit for over a year now on a 2yr old card that started at 2.5k.  I also have a large car loan and personal loan too, so that might be part of it. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 17
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats @Anonymous and welcome to My Fico forums!

That's a nice collection of PenFed cards! Enjoy! Smiley Happy

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.