Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 Cards-in-1-Month Spree!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

5 Cards-in-1-Month Spree!

Thanks again for the knowledge and insight from everyone on the Forums!

I started my spree Sept. 12 w/ apps for Amex Platinum and CSP. I got a pre-approved message on Amex while managing my other accounts. Applied and instant approval with a $5k POT.

CSP sort of glitched out and I accidentally hit the "Back" button or something. I got the 30-day review email right after. The next day I missed a phone call, but called back and they just wanted to verify my contact and identifying info. I was approved over the phone with a SL of $11,650 (my highest yet!).

I have had the AMEX Everyday card since 2017 (my first American Express) and it's been sitting at $1k this entire time. I have periodically (read: every other day Smiley Frustrated) looked to see if I get pre-approved messages on any of the other credit cards. I figured that I could be approved for the Platinum consumer and Business Gold (opened in Aug.) because they are primarily charge cards.

Well, yesterday, I got pre-approved messages for Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors Aspire, and Delta Reserve. I app'd for the Marriott and the Hilton - Instant approval for Marriott with a $3100 limit. The HH popped up a message that I wasn't eligible for the SUB. Which really is fine. I'm less than $1k away from meeting the CSP minimum and have an AU on the platinum to meet that one. I don't need to chase SUBs. Anyway, I went ahead with the application and got a denial. I figured, no big deal. I will try again after the new year. 15-20 minutes later, I got an email saying "We're thrilled you've chosen the HH card!" Approved for $3100. 

It's funny (in an odd and comical way) that Amex won't increase the Everyday card, but will issue two new CCs w/ a combined limit 6x that one. I learned that it's likely because there was a long period when I was only paying the minimum on the card. It has a spotless on-time history, but only within the last 2 years did I PIF every month.

Last but not least, I decided to pull the trigger on the GS Apple Card. I'll gladly add that $7k to my overall limit. I own a small online business and am planning to expand my scope of serivces. This could be helpful.

Thanks again for all the data points, helpful hints, insights and hope.

Scores are: EQ - 692  EX - 695 TU - 735

5 late payments showing. The most recent is from 2018; oldest is from 2015.

20 REPLIES 20
NYC_Fella
Frequent Contributor

Re: 5 Cards-in-1-Month Spree!

Congratulations! I'm getting motivated to go on a mini-spree myself.

Message 2 of 21
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Congratulations 🎉🎈🎊 on your approvals.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

Good luck on your spree.

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rebuild2019 wrote:
Congratulations 🎉🎈🎊 on your approvals.

Thank you!

Message 5 of 21
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditAggie wrote:

Congratulations on your approvals!

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 21
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approvals!!

Current Cards:
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditPacMan wrote:

Congrats on your approvals!!

Thank you!

Message 9 of 21
sourpuss29
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your approvals! 🎉

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.