Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 New Cards in 20 Minutes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

5 New Cards in 20 Minutes

So after paying off my entire credit card debt and waiting a week and a half (roughly) and confirming my score jump of 50+ points, I decided test the waters with some "see if your qualified" sites.  Namely Amex, Citi and Discover.  I was approved for Amex Gold.  I went on to Citi and got approved for Double Cash card.  Discover was next and got approved for It Chrome.  Last two were Apple Card from Goldman Sachs and Mariott Bonvoy Boundless from Chase.

I think I am done for a while.  Brings me up to 16 credit cards now.  Time to build the score even higher and get those rewards! Smiley Very Happy
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
AnimatorProcrastinator
Regular Contributor

Re: 5 New Cards in 20 Minutes

Great job on all the approvals! Your Chase card might get yanked once all your other new accounts post... Hopefully not, but I've read a lot of posts of people getting their Chase card revoked when Chase realizes it was part of a "spree".

Message 2 of 36
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Pretty good run, grats to all the success Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 36
babbles
Established Contributor

what was your total approval for those 5  cards? I am wanting to do that now I am in the 800 club with decent dti and  income

Message 4 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

$25,000. Not including Amex as it doesn’t have a set limit.
Message 5 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I wanted to try for the Venture card but Cap One has not been kind to me for the years I’ve had them (no increases) and the pre qualify test didn’t come back with anything. Didn’t want to risk it.
Message 6 of 36
zerofire
Valued Contributor

That is a rather decent haul. You even mixed in cards from different levels of approval. I just hope you did not apply in the order you posted as that Chase should have been done earlier for best results.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 7 of 36
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@zerofire wrote:

That is a rather decent haul. You even mixed in cards from different levels of approval. I just hope you did not apply in the order you posted as that Chase should have been done earlier for best results.

It won't matter what order because they'll pull the reports in a couple of weeks and see almost all of them. 

Message 8 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did something similar a few years back. 5 cards all in the same day. 3 were chase.
Message 9 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow...Congrats!
Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.