Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$500k Club & Amex Platinum Delta SkyMiles

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

$500k Club & Amex Platinum Delta SkyMiles

As I am booking international travel for my family, it has hit home that an airline card has been the one obvious hole in my profile.  Would have been Alaska if they weren't in a completely secluded and horrid section of Logan.  Sorry BOA, it went to Amex.

$5k SL (meh, but it's enough).  Not sure on APR yet (assuming 16.x).  EX08 is 738.  Crazy, but it just pushed me over the $500k mark.  Debated between this and the Delta Reserve; ultimately decided that since I won't be pursuing elite status with Delta and I already have lots of lounge access with my Platinum charge card, it wasn't worth the additional fee.  Will certainly be able to use the companion ticket yearly and the free bags for the entire family will more than pay the AF.

Not sure why I even bother going into the garden at this point.  LOL  Now to figure out the best way to maximize Marriott points and SkyMiles (yes, my accounts are already linked) to get the best value for Paris in April...

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

Re: $500k Club & Amex Platinum Delta SkyMiles

Congrats on the Delta Plat approval!  At least you can use those miles for travel.  Delta is not big here in LV.  Paris?  Enjoy!

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 2 of 39
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Thanks! While we’re not Atlanta, Boston is at least a Delta hub and I do occasionally fly out of Providence and (rarely) Manchester where they have a decent presence also. Those points are certainly getting used. Signup bonus is at least 1 r/t to Paris (not even trying for Delta One with 4 passengers hehe), and I fly one of their international partners at least every year or two anyway so good to be able to bank miles in one spot.

Message 3 of 39
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Ok ok, we've found youSmiley Happy. Paris huh? Ok its worthy enough to escape the garden if only you get to enjoy the city that has welcomed the greatest American family to ever have graced Paris....the GriswaldsSmiley Happy. Good job K, now as your penance please serve some tea at the garden entrance , somehow words getting around drinks are on me but im a blind man in a dark maze right now so.....
Message 4 of 39
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Oink oink, we’ll be pigs! (That one’s actually my favorite of the series.)

Thanks! Haven’t been to France in far too long. Have been promising our daughter that we’ll take her. No worries about the drinks, they’re on me since this is at least my 8th spending bonus to meet this year!!! Gotta say it’s nice to be able to just log into a handful of accounts and change the billing card to hit those, though.

Message 5 of 39
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your new Amex delta ultimate flyer card and in going over the top that $500K summit KiB!
I actually just had a nightmare that I belong in that $500K club! No, not the CL but debt! Lol!
Freaky Friday the 13th! Darn Jason!
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 6 of 39
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congrats B-town Baller on hitting the milestone. Funny you mentioned the Delta hubs. I have a cousin landing in ATL at this very moment visiting us from Boston for the weekend.

Message 7 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I've been looking at that card as well but probably will old off.

Message 8 of 39
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@JR_TX if that includes the mortgage that’s not so bad. Otherwise, what a nightmare!! Thanks!

@Gmood1 and here I thought I was catching up to you. Maybe I need to reconsider that Cash+ after all. LOL Enjoy the visit with you cousin and thanks!

@Anonymous It’s peer pressure payback time - just app for it! You’re already down an airline card thanks to Virgin America. At least this way you get a Virginia Atlantic and Virgin Australia partner. And those 70,000 SkyMiles are even better than that Premium Rewards SUB we got last month! C’mon we can be app twins! Same card once every month - you in?

Message 9 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@JR_TX if that includes the mortgage that’s not so bad. Otherwise, what a nightmare!! Thanks!

@Gmood1 and here I thought I was catching up to you. Maybe I need to reconsider that Cash+ after all. LOL Enjoy the visit with you cousin and thanks!

@Anonymous It’s peer pressure payback time - just app for it! You’re already down an airline card thanks to Virgin America. At least this way you get a Virginia Atlantic and Virgin Australia partner. And those 70,000 SkyMiles are even better than that Premium Rewards SUB we got last month! C’mon we can be app twins! Same card once every month - you in?

Hah, good points.  Not sure if Amex will give me more credit but I can always hope.  I'll look at it more tomorrow.  Been tied up with my new car and trying to figure everthing out so been preoccupied.

Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.