Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$500k Club & Amex Platinum Delta SkyMiles

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: $500k Club & Amex Platinum Delta SkyMiles

Oh, data points... I write so many of these things you’d think I’d be better at it by now! Util was about 23% on the last Amex SP. No alerts and I am doubting I will get one for a HP. Income sufficient (well, I could always use more). The gold was on my credit card offers page (and I think it was BCE and one of the Hiltons), but I cold apped for this. It and the Reserve both had the full range. Amex’s computers made a mistake and gave me lowest+2% on my SPG; 2 minutes later they dropped it for me via chat. My usual POT and Blue cards are in the 15s (Blue is one of those tiered 15/18/21 or something like that cards) but I’ve got promos going. When I actually clicked the Apply button the top of the screen congratulated me and told me I was pre-approved. Just had to enter income, non-taxable income, assets and something else that wasn’t housing but is eluding me at the moment. 1 card reporting opened in last 6 months. I think EX has 10 inquiries in last year.

Irish it’s been so long since I heard about the car I’d forgotten it! Congrats on taking delivery! So app twins? Let me know tomorrow. Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

As I am booking international travel for my family, it has hit home that an airline card has been the one obvious hole in my profile.  Would have been Alaska if they weren't in a completely secluded and horrid section of Logan.  Sorry BOA, it went to Amex.

$5k SL (meh, but it's enough).  Not sure on APR yet (assuming 16.x).  EX08 is 738.  Crazy, but it just pushed me over the $500k mark.  Debated between this and the Delta Reserve; ultimately decided that since I won't be pursuing elite status with Delta and I already have lots of lounge access with my Platinum charge card, it wasn't worth the additional fee.  Will certainly be able to use the companion ticket yearly and the free bags for the entire family will more than pay the AF.

Not sure why I even bother going into the garden at this point.  LOL  Now to figure out the best way to maximize Marriott points and SkyMiles (yes, my accounts are already linked) to get the best value for Paris in April...

Congratulations, K! I'm glad you got a card that meets a need.Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 39
shoegal
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Oh, data points... I write so many of these things you’d think I’d be better at it by now! Util was about 23% on the last Amex SP. No alerts and I am doubting I will get one for a HP. Income sufficient (well, I could always use more). The gold was on my credit card offers page (and I think it was BCE and one of the Hiltons), but I cold apped for this. It and the Reserve both had the full range. Amex’s computers made a mistake and gave me lowest+2% on my SPG; 2 minutes later they dropped it for me via chat. My usual POT and Blue cards are in the 15s (Blue is one of those tiered 15/18/21 or something like that cards) but I’ve got promos going. When I actually clicked the Apply button the top of the screen congratulated me and told me I was pre-approved. Just had to enter income, non-taxable income, assets and something else that wasn’t housing but is eluding me at the moment. 1 card reporting opened in last 6 months. I think EX has 10 inquiries in last year.

Irish it’s been so long since I heard about the car I’d forgotten it! Congrats on taking delivery! So app twins? Let me know tomorrow. Smiley Very Happy

Probably your Delta SkyMiles number. That was the last line for me when I applied for the business version of the card with a preapproval.

Edit: Geez forgot to congratulate you. Super congrats!!!

Message 13 of 39
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Thanks Bella.  I've said this after the last 10 apps or so, but I think I'm complete for a while!  I got rid of the true filler last year and the beginning of this year.  While I have grand plans to trim a lot of the fat in my signature next year, every card does serve a need whether it's travel, big discounts/cash back, utilization or just plain reluctance to close due to account age (Amex Blue, CapOne Frankenventure).  I'm pretty sure I timed this well enough that after my new BOA card reports this week (yay 50,000 points on 1st statement) and the Delta reports in about 2 statements, my AAoA won't drop below 8 years.

Thanks shoegal.  Yes, SkyMiles was indeed the one I couldn't remember. It's funny, because when I was typing that post I knew it couldn't have been housing because my escrow amount just changed (already low taxes in Boston keep getting lower every year) but my reports don't yet match the amount that it changed to and I would have remembered giving that some thought.  Yet I actually had to stop the application to go look up my SkyMiles number and then forgot all about doing it.

Message 14 of 39
shoegal
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Thanks Bella.  I've said this after the last 10 apps or so, but I think I'm complete for a while!  I got rid of the true filler last year and the beginning of this year.  While I have grand plans to trim a lot of the fat in my signature next year, every card does serve a need whether it's travel, big discounts/cash back, utilization or just plain reluctance to close due to account age (Amex Blue, CapOne Frankenventure).  I'm pretty sure I timed this well enough that after my new BOA card reports this week (yay 50,000 points on 1st statement) and the Delta reports in about 2 statements, my AAoA won't drop below 8 years.

Thanks shoegal.  Yes, SkyMiles was indeed the one I couldn't remember. It's funny, because when I was typing that post I knew it couldn't have been housing because my escrow amount just changed (already low taxes in Boston keep getting lower every year) but my reports don't yet match the amount that it changed to and I would have remembered giving that some thought.  Yet I actually had to stop the application to go look up my SkyMiles number and then forgot all about doing it.

Np! It happens Smiley Happy I had to do the same thing when I got mine. I actually forgot to do my approval post in the business section. Smiley LOL I got it on Wednesday, but the business gold version on a soft pull so luckily I don't lose my bronze spade. 💁🏽 

Message 15 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the card and the $500K Club!  Spring in Paris is always wonderful.  Delta is a good choice to fly to Paris/CDG.

Message 16 of 39
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats Shoegal on your new Amex biz card. Even though its sp i think it does reeset your garden as its a new tradeline. Happened to me when i got my Amex blue cash , was sp as well. Smiley Wink
Message 17 of 39
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Thanks! It only reports on my business credit report so it doesn’t affect my personal reports. I asked @uncleb first! 😂

Message 18 of 39
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous Thanks! Delta's never been my #1 choice for domestic flights, but I'll get decent use out of some of the other SkyTeam partners for sure, particularly Air France and KLM.  Since I'm married to the Mariott ecosystem, the next trip to Schiphol will be nice since it's like a 2 minute walk from baggage claim to the Sheraton.  LOL  Paris in Spring is indeed wonderful; DD is going to love it (as will whoever is getting the swipes for spend bonus that month, if applicable).  Already reserved the Marriott Champs-Élysées and looks like I'm netting 2.3cpp Marriott or 7cpp Starwood - so that's huge.

And yes, business cards that don't report on your personal credit reports aren't considered new tradelines - and we all love loopholes!  LOL

Message 19 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! AMS is one of my favorite airports.  Will have to check-out the Sheraton next time.

Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.