Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$500k Club & Amex Platinum Delta SkyMiles

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: $500k Club & Amex Platinum Delta SkyMiles

K, I did mention my birthday is coming up and I’m waiting for AMEX to update my score, didn’t I? Out of the garden pass, maybe 🤣.

@AJC - THE STRUGGLE IS REAL.

Message 31 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! Nor sure if i misseed it but, did you get the 70k/10k MQM/Anuual Companion/$100 credit offer?

I'm currently working on meeting the spending on mine and was told the annual companion starts after the 1st year with the card?  We just came from Spain so won't need it this year.  I will be booking a trip to Vegas soon and will be able to use the $100 credit.

Message 32 of 39
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous no garden exit for you! LOL

@Anonymous Yes. I got the 10k MQM and 70k after $3k spend in 3 mos. Platinum as far as I am aware always comes with a companion certificate annually after the first year. Bought my $100 Delta gift card today to get the $100 reimbursement. DW got waived AF first year, 50k after $2k spend in 3 mos. and another 10k after $1k spend in 6 months. Thought she had 70k total but it looks like 60k. Also $50 credit after first purchase with Delta. Regardless, will have enough points for 2 of 4 R/T tickets.

Message 33 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous no garden exit for you! LOL

@Anonymous Yes. I got the 10k MQM and 70k after $3k spend in 3 mos. Platinum as far as I am aware always comes with a companion certificate annually after the first year. Bought my $100 Delta gift card today to get the $100 reimbursement. DW got waived AF first year, 50k after $2k spend in 3 mos. and another 10k after $1k spend in 6 months. Thought she had 70k total but it looks like 60k. Also $50 credit after first purchase with Delta. Regardless, will have enough points for 2 of 4 R/T tickets.

Very nice!!! I also confirmed with AMEX earlier regarding the $100 statement credit.  He said regardless of the amount you charge on the card ($10, $15 etc) you WILL receive the $100 credit.  For me, I'll be purchasing 4 R/Ts from San Diego to Vegas for 44k miles, then will use the Delta to pay for taxes and fees which will be $44.80.  That $44.80 (per AMEX) will trigger the $100 credit.  He did confirm that the account could and will go to negative $55.20.

My AF will be added on 11/3, so with the negative balance of $55.20, my AF will only be $139.80

Message 34 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

OUTSTANTING !!! What a great feeling!!! Congratulations Smiley Happy

Message 35 of 39
12njoy
Super Contributor

Congrats.  This was one of the last cards that I picked up last year.  I love the companion ticket.  Congrats on the 500k.  I think you're the next contestant for the 1 mill mark.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 36 of 39
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Thanks again everyone!  You know, in my haste to get the Delta credit I didn't even consider using it to offset the AF!  I knew about just having to make "a purchase" at Delta to get the credit, but decided I would just grab a "free" $100 gift card to cover taxes and fees when I book the award flights.  I wouldn't mind having a cool million in revolving lines but I'd prefer for most of it to be on 8-10 cards as I plan to scale down in quantity again beginning next year.  (And oh will I begin to look like a churner on manual reviews. LOL)  Right now my main credit line goal is to have a $100k+ revolver from both BOA and Amex, and I will hopefully reach that goal with one or both by July!

Message 37 of 39
12njoy
Super Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Thanks again everyone!  You know, in my haste to get the Delta credit I didn't even consider using it to offset the AF!  I knew about just having to make "a purchase" at Delta to get the credit, but decided I would just grab a "free" $100 gift card to cover taxes and fees when I book the award flights.  I wouldn't mind having a cool million in revolving lines but I'd prefer for most of it to be on 8-10 cards as I plan to scale down in quantity again beginning next year.  (And oh will I begin to look like a churner on manual reviews. LOL)  Right now my main credit line goal is to have a $100k+ revolver from both BOA and Amex, and I will hopefully reach that goal with one or both by July!

I would love to get down to 8-10 cards but it'll never happen.  I've started to consolidate my Amex cards and did merge a couple Penfed accounts.  I am checking for further consolidation opportunities.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 38 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I'm right behind you!!  Also, do want to keep a least 8 cards in total.  I don't need anymore credit to help my UTL as all my cards are paid to $0 finally!  I don't see myself applying for anything else a least for 5 years, and that will be a car loan.

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.