Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$51400 added to the "family pot"

tag
dk2003
Regular Contributor

$51400 added to the "family pot"

Wildin' outWildin' out

Disclaimer: I could have far worse habits ... but this is an addiction!!!!!!  I want all the Credit.... give it all to me 😈

I posted the other day about the dw success w CSP! Im rather proud of that because we've worked so hard to get to where we are financially! I'm in a group on fb and there was a whole thread on FNBO so... peer pressure got the best of me (it didn't take much). Both of us prequal for $15k. I decided to let her go for it since she had fewer inq (and I told 2 friends about it). And I was undecided about what I would do knowing Chase is inq sensitive! I was preapp for Slate Edge, CSP and Freedom Flex. I read awful reviews about slate of people with sky high credit scores and income getting small starting limits. I'm not about that life! So I decided against that one. The DW had just gotten CSP and added me as an AU so I decided against that one because there's no way we would run up that much over the next 4 months for the points 😅 So, I researched Flex and saw there were decent limits and I went for it, no questions asked! BUT IBD THEY HIT ME WITH A DOUBLE WAMMY ON TU AND EXP! Before it even came back as an approval, I had already received emails that there were inquiries, from Amex, Credit Karma and Experian. Phone was vibrating like crazy, I almost dropped it!!! And then boom, $18500

Soooo... 

2/6/22 Freedom Flex $18500

2/5/22 FNBO $15000

☝🏾DW👇🏾

2/3/22 CSP $17900

And... of course we added each other as AU... boom 💥 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: $51400 added to the "family pot"

Congrats on adding to the family pool!!

Message 2 of 16
SG43
Regular Contributor

Nice SLs, congrats.

Open Installments - Nfcu Auto (51% Left)
Closed Installments - Cap 1 Auto, Chase Auto, Prosperity Bank Secured
Closed Revolvers - Nfcu Plat V, NFCU Plat MC, Citi Simp, Citi DC, Citi DP, Cap1 Plat, Cap1 V1, Chase FU, First Premier, Capital1 Quicksilver, BBVA/PNC Points, Apple Card GS, Discover IT
Closed Busi - Amex BBC & BBP (Chopping block: Amex Prime, Sapphire Reserve [pyb changes])
Message 3 of 16
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on the approvals!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 4 of 16
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your chase approval!!

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

That was a nice haul and really good SL's! Congrats to your family!

Message 6 of 16
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!!  Congratulations on your Approvals!! 🎉🥂👏

Message 7 of 16
Spectre7_Reup
Established Member

Congratulations on the approvals !! Great haul, and nice SLs all round 👍😁

P.S. Disclaimer: We're all addicted to credit at some level...so enjoy it. And just do what's necessary to keep it 😜

Cards I currently have:
BoA Cash Rewards MC: $5K | BoA BankAmericard Platinum Plus MC: $14K | PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa: $11K | USAA Signature Visa: $5.7K | Wells Fargo Platinum Visa: $6K | Credit One AMEX: $1K | Synchrony Car Care: $2.5K | Best Buy Retail Card: $5K | X1 Visa: $24K | Venmo Visa: $11K | AMEX BCP: $1K

Total Credit Lines: $87,200 (2 unlisted)
Message 8 of 16
Reviewers
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals and SL! Looking to get a Chase Sapphire Reserve/Freedom Flex myself also as I'm already pre-approved for them.

Message 9 of 16
dk2003
Regular Contributor

@Spectre7_Reup wrote:

Congratulations on the approvals !! Great haul, and nice SLs all round 👍😁

P.S. Disclaimer: We're all addicted to credit at some level...so enjoy it. And just do what's necessary to keep it 😜

Can't argue with you there .... lol ive got a system 😅 that's working so far to spread the love among ahem 27 cards! 

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.