cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

53% CLI with SP on my Bank of America Cash Rewards -- Woo Hoo!!!

tag
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Re: 53% CLI with SP on my Bank of America Cash Rewards -- Woo Hoo!!!

@

" ... Why do I feel like you left some on the table ... ? Smiley Surprised "

I think you're right ... but I'll get it later! LOL Smiley Very Happy

$50K is a very very nice limit, especially for a card that I won't come close to running up to that limit with my spending. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 11 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the huuuuuuggggee CLI! And nice CL!

Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aim_High wrote:

Message 13 of 27
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Obscure-Expert   “ … 50K/50K works out to not shooting high enough.  I always put in 100K for the request because they auto-counter for what they're comfortable with.”

Noted.  I have never been offered a $17,400 CLI by a bank unsolicited and I’m pretty sure I’ve never even asked for one so high relative to my existing credit line, so I wasn’t sure what to expect!  Now I know.  I thought asking for $50K was already pushing what they would give at one time.

Actually, I wouldn’t have been surprised to be just turned down with no counteroffer or if the underwriter wanted to at least call to talk to me and ask why I was requesting such a large credit line when my usage patterns had been so much lower.  I thought they might want to know they were getting a balance transfer or large purchase before they authorized it.  <sigh>  Hindsight is 20/20, they say.  But as I said to @Doigt_dor, while I probably left some on the table, I’ll get it later on!

From my experience, I’ve asked for increases in the past but often, the bank has just made me an offer of several thousand dollars at a time and I’ve accepted.  Or they have initiated a similar offer.  Only occasionally have they even asked me what I wanted.  I’m not used to be so pushy or asking for these higher lines, but I’m seeing how it will pay off.  Being on My FICO Forums has helped me to see how much my credit lines were lagging my peers with comparable credit histories and scores, sometimes even those with less history or lower scores.

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup, well, when they were HP'ing every request it was even more important to shoot for 100K each time.

The key to these banks is to tell them what you want and not what you think they will give you.  Never settle for less than what's available to you when it comes to the CL's they present.  If you don't ask, you won't get is the theme when it comes to the size of your CL.  They don't just put the cards on the table usually when it comes to what your internal limit with them is.  There's a couple of banks that will though when checking for pre-approvals but it's not the norm.

All the BOA stuff is pretty automated and your delayed response might have one of the chosen audit submissions for a set of eyes on the request.  Just keep in mind for the future on any creditor to ask for the most you want and let them counter back.  If you don't ask.... 

Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reminder! I just picked up the card this year with a $11,000 SL and finally saw the luv button today for the first time. Asked for $20,000 and instant approval CLI making it my highest CL!

Wish I asked for more.
Message 16 of 27
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

i Guess it pay's to "Aim_High"Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 27
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Awesome, enjoy that huge increase these don't happen everyday....giphy 2.gifhave a great holiday weekend with that baby !!!!!!!! 

Message 18 of 27
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Yikes. What is the DEAL, BofA??? They probably wouldn’t give me even a secured card but they shower you with money and you don’t even use the card?? Lol congrats on a SUPER CLI!!!!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 19 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Awesome jobSmiley Happy Pet the 🐍😆
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.