cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 mo. credit history, approved for CSP, Freedom, and Amex Blue!

tag
D_Star
New Visitor

6 mo. credit history, approved for CSP, Freedom, and Amex Blue!

New to the site, hi guys.

My bank had a promotion to check out your credit report for free, found my score at 714 after just 6 months of use from my college credit card. Decided I wanted my score a little higher so I applied for three credit cards, Chase Freedom, Amex Everyday Blue, and the Chase Sapphire Preferred.

First two were instantly approved. For the CSP, it would not submit my app online for some reason and I had to phone in my application, which they said would review over 7-10 days. I called the recon number, thanks to this site, and they asked be a few questions about why I wanted another Chase card, then forwarded me to verification. Approved today with a $5000 limit on the Chase Freedom, $5000 on the Sapphire, and $2500 on the Amex.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Re: 6 mo. credit history, approved for CSP, Freedom, and Amex Blue!

Right on, congrats. Oh, and welcome to the site...

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 2 of 22
D_Star
New Visitor

Thanks. Still shocked they let me have the Sapphire Preferred! Only 22 years old, very little credit history, and applied for the Freedom/BCE a day before applying for the CSP...

Message 3 of 22
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Yeah dude, the CSP is a sought after card by a lot. I am curious about your decision to go for the BLUE also. What prompted that one? And was it the BCE, or the BCP?

Edit: Was it the Blue Sky? Maybe I am just confused in general...Smiley Wink

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 4 of 22
D_Star
New Visitor

Went for the BCE, wanted a good cash back card with no AF. Also wanted to start an account with Amex, in case I wanted to open up either PRG or platinum or something later on and had some history with them. Also looked like a decent card and liked the 3/2/1 rewards.

Message 5 of 22
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

That is awesome news!  Congrats

EDIT: Forgot to welcome you to the boards!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 6 of 22
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats and welcome to the forum

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 22
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

Wow!

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 8 of 22
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@D_Star wrote:

Went for the BCE, wanted a good cash back card with no AF. Also wanted to start an account with Amex, in case I wanted to open up either PRG or platinum or something later on and had some history with them. Also looked like a decent card and liked the 3/2/1 rewards.

Oh, cool, OK. The BCE is an awesome card. I really like mine, though I think that I will be upgrading to the BCP after my 12th statement cuts because the AF will be covered by gas alone. I do not know why I was so confused by the omition of the word cash. Amex has too many cards with the word blue involved...lol.

My Wallet:
Message 9 of 22
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

@D_Star wrote:

Oh, cool, OK. The BCE is an awesome card. I really like mine, though I think that I will be upgrading to the BCP after my 12th statement cuts because the AF will be covered by gas alone. I do not know why I was so confused by the omition of the word cash. Amex has too many cards with the word blue involved...lol.

I thought it was the actual Blue card. . . https://www304.americanexpress.com/credit-card/blue/25330#

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.