Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7-10 day message for CSR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

7-10 day message for CSR

After about 2 months of debating on whether I should app for this card, I finally did tonight and received the 7-10 day message. I was at 4/24 on NOV 1 and waited till NOV 5 to app till I was at 0/4. I only have 1 inquiry on my credit file. Scores are solid. I'm at a 2% UTI because I took advantage of a promo a few months back with BofA for a 0% int rate balance transfer till FEB  2018.

About 7 hrs before I app'd I PC my 10 yr old Slate to a Freedom Unlimited, which require Chase to pull $2700 from my CSP limit to my Slate. The original CL of my Slate card was $2300 and she stated the minimum CL needed for a PC was $5000.

Do you think I will be approved for the CSR? And is it a good idea to immediately call to recon or wait a few days?

Thanks in advanced.

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 7-10 day message for CSR

You stand a chance of getting approved.  If you have a Chase branch near you, I suggest you go in.  I am over the 5/24 and went into a branch and got approved.  So go to a branch first before calling.

Update on results. Will keep fingers crossed for you.

Message 2 of 14
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You stand a chance of getting approved.  If you have a Chase branch near you, I suggest you go in.  I am over the 5/24 and went into a branch and got approved.  So go to a branch first before calling.

What good is it going to do OP to go into a branch after getting 7-10 message ? Maybe if he is. jP Morgan client then I say yes this would help.

i say call to see if it's verification that may be needed. 

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not a JP Morgan Client and currently living abroad so I'm unable to go to a branch. 

Although I think I will call for the verification. 

Message 4 of 14
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

I had a pre-equal for the Freedom and CSP yesterday and done the app for the Freedom as it best suited me. 

I got the "your application may take up to 7 days", not 7-10 days, along with "some applications may take up 30 days" ! 

So, I don't know what's up with CHASE right now. Done the pre-equals again today ,  got the same results . ..

Good luck to ya, OP !

FICO :November 2016
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
QS1 -$2,000. Care Credit $9,600.00 CHASE Freedom $3,000.00 Discover IT $1,000.00
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 5 of 14
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

I just did a CSR app a few days ago with 5/24 and got the 30 day message.  Told myself that I would wait a few days and check the status line but not yet call. After 2 days the new account was visible in the Chase online portal. Since you have other accounts I would recommend to wait a few days and see if the status will change on the app status line and you see the card online.  The card was visible online before I got notified about the approval.  Good luck!

Message 6 of 14
elim
Senior Contributor

Chase is a strange bird. My income isn't great (70k) and my profile has an open Tax Lien. I have been instant approved for every Chase card I have apped for (5 so far). Some of you with great profiles, scores and incomes get reviewed lately.  If they didn't approve you it would be their loss so I would bet you get it after verification.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What good is it going to do OP to go into a branch after getting 7-10 message ? Maybe if he is. jP Morgan client then I say yes this would help.

Because sometimes, the bankers can see what customer can't see on their screen.  For example, when I went in, the banker said I had 4 pre-approvals which he showed me on the screen.  Pre-approvals that I don't see at my end when I go to the Chase site.

Also, going into the branch enables the banker to call lending directly on your behalf.  So a much better chance if you ask me.  OP, let us know how it goes.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Because sometimes, the bankers can see what customer can't see on their screen.  For example, when I went in, the banker said I had 4 pre-approvals which he showed me on the screen.  Pre-approvals that I don't see at my end when I go to the Chase site.

Also, going into the branch enables the banker to call lending directly on your behalf.  So a much better chance if you ask me.  OP, let us know how it goes.

I plan to call only to inquire if they need any more verification on my part. I'm not doing the full recon this instant. I' am still hopeful that all will go in my favor considering I spent a total of $21,623.94 through my CSP last year with $18,384.06 of it being travel and dining related. And this year is adding up to a lil more.

I just checked MF and they double pulled me. EQ (785) and EX(783)

I will keep everyone in the loop becasue the suspense is killing me lol.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just gave Chase a call, and they routed me to a 'verification' department (never heard that name before but oh well). The rep told me he saw my application from this past Saturday, and wanted to verify my mailing address. After I verified my identity and mailing address he told me that he was going to "process my account". After a brief hold he told me, "congratulations your application was approved for $29K" I am beyond excited!! Even though I took a 6pt hit on my EQ, it was well worth it. I have two trips to prepare for by the end of the year and I really want to use the $300 travel credit this year, and early next year lol. Now I will call the customer service # he gave me to determine if I can expedite the shipping.

Now its time to PC my 2 yr old CSP to a Sapphire, and wait on my FU and CSR to arrive in the mail!!

Many thanks to all that replied to this post!!!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.