Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$76 away from $300K Go Navy!

tag
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

Re: $76 away from $300K Go Navy!

There are a few members of the forum that i think are amazing concerning cli's, 2 come to mind, m - smart and jna 1, but average joes credit has to win the prize by achieving almost 300k of credit on a modest income, i am awed

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 51 of 56
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

There are a few members of the forum that i think are amazing concerning cli's, 2 come to mind, m - smart and jna 1, but average joes credit has to win the prize by achieving almost 300k of credit on a modest income, i am awed

Lol thanksSmiley Happy. I always  wonder what i could achieve with higher income but maybe one day when my debt is down i may see an 800Smiley Wink. I cant believe i am already at 7 years established credit since rebuildingSmiley Happy

Message 52 of 56
Limitless3000

That's amazing congratulations. I just got with Navy Federal last year. After reading your post I am ecstatic. I was just hoping to reach the $25k limit on my card then slowly move up to a total of $75k across two cards with them because that's what I've heard. Now hearing that you have amassed almost $300k in available credit, lets me know that I need to aim higher. Thanks Smiley Happy @AverageJoesCredit Any advise that you could give me would be golden. 

Starting Score Fico 8: EX664 EQ671 TU654
Current Score: EX664 EF671 TU654
Goal Score: 750+ Across All

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 53 of 56
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Limitless3000 wrote:

That's amazing congratulations. I just got with Navy Federal last year. After reading your post I am ecstatic. I was just hoping to reach the $25k limit on my card then slowly move up to a total of $75k across two cards with them because that's what I've heard. Now hearing that you have amassed almost $300k in available credit, lets me know that I need to aim higher. Thanks Smiley Happy @AverageJoesCredit Any advise that you could give me would be golden. 

Thanks. Even though i cant do on my cards carrying my debt, my best advice is to use your cards and if possible pay in full most charges. Thats how i keep my other cards, like Sync , low by using it then paying the charge when i can.  Life happens , as it has for me, but  trying to make sure you are on time with payments and showing usage will help tremendously.  With Navy this applies tremendously.  Even carrying a scary smount of debt,  they still approved another cli whereas most lenders wouldnt dare. Slow and steady and in due time, you'll  see the limits riseSmiley Happy

Message 54 of 56
WowCool
Frequent Contributor

Way to go Joe!!! Sweet congratulations man!

Message 55 of 56
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@WowCool wrote:

Way to go Joe!!! Sweet congratulations man!

Thanks @WowCool  cool to see ya around😎

Message 56 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.