Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8 Apps, 7 Approvals

tag
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

8 Apps, 7 Approvals

Good morning, everyone... this is my first post after several weeks of lurking and learning. I've been on an epic app spree with the following results (keep in mind that I started this with FICO 8's from all 3 bureaus in the 675-695 range, and I'm now at 734 EQ, 740 TU, 723 EX as of yesterday, possibly assisted by decreased UTI):

1/11 - Apped for PNC Core Visa to take advantage of their 18-month, 0% BT, and was approved on 1/13 with $12.5K SL (HP from EX)

1/24 - Apped for Target REDcard and was approved instantly, and when the card arrived, learned that the SL was $2K (HP from TU)

2/1 - Apped for AmEx Cash Magnet, and instantly approved with $2K SL (HP from EX)

2/1 - emboldened by the AmEx approval, applied for Discover it Cash Back and approved with $2.7K SL (HP from EX)

2/3 - Apped Chase FU, approved with $5.7 SL (HP from TU, EX)

2/8 - Apped Citi Double Cash, approved with $3K SL (HP from EQ, EX)

2/11 - Apped US Bank Cash+, approved after manual ID verification, but don't won't know the SL until the card arrives (aiming to use for utilities and cell, so I hope it's generous, but won't get my hopes up) (HP from TU)

2/16 - Apped for Cap1 Savor, and received my first denial (HP from all 3)

I've taken other measures to decrease UTI - paying off a whole slew of high-UTI cards as part of a cash-out re-fi on our mortgage, transferring a bunch of stuff to the aforementioned PNC Core and a small personal loan from PNC. Now I have only one card with a balance (my wife's Cap1 QS, on which I'm an AU, with 5.5% APR) and I'm paying that off in huge chunks on a monthly basis.

Now, off to the garden I go!

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 8 Apps, 7 Approvals

Great post, 5KR. Congratulations! on all those approvals.

Question: was the loan with PNC in place before the CC app (and thus contribute to you getting such a high SL)? If so, how long a relationship?

Message 2 of 25
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

Thanks! We’ve been banking with PNC for a little more than 6 years, and the personal loan was only taken within the past week (in other words, about a month after the Core Visa was opened).
Message 3 of 25
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats. I hope they all stick the landing. 

Message 4 of 25
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Very nice spree. Curious to how many inqs you had on each bureau before spree, what was/is aaoa, actual score etc before spree. I would be most cautious about the Chase approval. They will sp soon and their resent reactions hasnt been kind to many. Congrats again on your success!
Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

COngrats on app spree approvals !!!!!

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@5KRunner wrote:

Good morning, everyone... this is my first post after several weeks of lurking and learning. I've been on an epic app spree with the following results (keep in mind that I started this with FICO 8's from all 3 bureaus in the 675-695 range, and I'm now at 734 EQ, 740 TU, 723 EX as of yesterday, possibly assisted by decreased UTI):

1/11 - Apped for PNC Core Visa to take advantage of their 18-month, 0% BT, and was approved on 1/13 with $12.5K SL (HP from EX)

1/24 - Apped for Target REDcard and was approved instantly, and when the card arrived, learned that the SL was $2K (HP from TU)

2/1 - Apped for AmEx Cash Magnet, and instantly approved with $2K SL (HP from EX)

2/1 - emboldened by the AmEx approval, applied for Discover it Cash Back and approved with $2.7K SL (HP from EX)

2/3 - Apped Chase FU, approved with $5.7 SL (HP from TU, EX)

2/8 - Apped Citi Double Cash, approved with $3K SL (HP from EQ, EX)

2/11 - Apped US Bank Cash+, approved after manual ID verification, but don't won't know the SL until the card arrives (aiming to use for utilities and cell, so I hope it's generous, but won't get my hopes up) (HP from TU)

2/16 - Apped for Cap1 Savor, and received my first denial (HP from all 3)

I've taken other measures to decrease UTI - paying off a whole slew of high-UTI cards as part of a cash-out re-fi on our mortgage, transferring a bunch of stuff to the aforementioned PNC Core and a small personal loan from PNC. Now I have only one card with a balance (my wife's Cap1 QS, on which I'm an AU, with 5.5% APR) and I'm paying that off in huge chunks on a monthly basis.

Now, off to the garden I go!

Congratulations on your approvals. I would keep an eye on your Chase FU though. It looks like you were 4/24 (assuming you were 0/24 at the beginning of your spree) when you applied.  That was quickly followed by 2 more approvals and a triple HP denial. Chase is notorious for viewing this credit seeking behavior and closing your account(s) even before your card arrives. There are several threads about this. I hope all your new trade lines survive, and we'll see you in the garden as you age your seedlings! 

Message 7 of 25
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

Welcome to the FORUMS and CONGRATS on ALL of your Approvals!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 8 of 25
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the awesome haul of cards!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 9 of 25
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

Here are some additional data points... I’ll probably miss a few of the questions you asked, and won’t be able to answer some as I didn’t have the data beforehand (actual FICO before the earlier apps in particular).

Regarding HPs from each before I apped for Chase FU:

EX: 3/22/18 (installment for home repair), 5/17 (ditto), 8/12 (Samsung revolving), 12/12 (mortgage company), 1/11/19 (PNC Core), 2/1 (Disco), 2/1 (AmEx), 2/3 (Chase), 2/8 (Citi), 2/9 (PNC installment), 2/16 (Cap1, denial) - Chase would be the 5th revolving acct in this list

TU: 12/12/18 (mortgage), 1/24/19 (Target), 2/3 (Chase), 2/11 (US Bank), 2/16 (Cap1, denial)

(if they count the Target card, which pulled TU like Chase did, I would be at 6/24 and thus in danger - I’ve received the card and have been successfully charging it, so it will be interesting, to say the least, to see how long it takes them, if at all, to respond according to 5/24)

EQ: 12/12/18 (mortgage), 2/8/19 (Citi), 2/16 (Cap1, denial)

AoOA is just over 21 years, AAoA is now slightly under 7.5 years (just including revolving accounts). I’m considering a few closures that fall below the AAoA, thus bringing the average up a little bit.

Total CL is now $99525, and they’re reporting around 29-35% depending on the bureau, and will be closer to 22% once everyone reports recent payoffs. A few accounts haven’t hit my reports yet - AmEx, Citi, Chase and US Bank.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.