Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80K in Approvals!! 4 different CUs App Spree + CLI

tag
TG10X
Regular Contributor

Re: 80K in Approvals!! 4 different CUs App Spree + CLI

@RealEstateGuy89 wrote:

@TG10X Very nice write up and congrats on the new credit cards/CLI's!   You did really well.

I've been checking back because I was interested to hear how things went with Dover credit union.  Did it ever go anywhere?  Thanks for any data points/info regarding Dover.

Thanks for the feedback!

I ended up with 29K from Dover. I've been in the garden for the past 5 months since then. 

Message 61 of 65
TG10X
Regular Contributor

@UH_HUH wrote:

It is hard to get 80K in credit that fast in any form, let alone the nice cards and Cli's you obtained. I believe I belong to all of those CU's I live near Delaware and found it easier to go in a branch. I don't belong to NASA. Thanks for sharing a very insping story

best to you

Cheers

Thank you!

I ended up with 109k in total after Dover was approved. The credit unions have been very beneficial! My NASA application was approved instantly. I'd recommend them if you're interested

Message 62 of 65
TG10X
Regular Contributor

Thanks for a very helpful response. I am actually a member with SECU of MD for the last 19 months...I became their member and opened checking and saving accounts...was doing a few activities here and there...and then just 9 months ago I received a pre approved offer (not pre-selected one) for one of their credit cards....I responded to that offer but my application got denied for the reason- "esclating debt"...meaning I already have enough credit line in total with other lenders and they believed that it will be risky for them to lend me any amount of money. I appealed their decision to their board but it got denied as well..  I know some people do get this reasoning for the denial but I personally never heard of it prior to when it happened to me..

From OP I just wanted to know if he got this much CL with SECU right out of the gate or after establishing a relationship for a while...In my case building a relationship even for more than a year didnt help...Im still their member and I do use their checking and saving accounts actively...and hoping that one day they might budge to show some love for ME...

When I first started my relationship with SECU they were generous right out of the gate.
15K CC & 10K PLOC off one inquiry. 

If they're not approving you then maybe you could work on building a better relationship with them like making more deposits & doing direct deposit over time. Being very proactive has helped with other credit unions in my experience.

Message 63 of 65
CardAddict
Established Member

Congratulations on your approvals!

*My posts are NOT advice in any form. I am NOT responsible for the actions you take.

Message 64 of 65
Janneman
Established Contributor

@TG10X wrote:

Thanks for a very helpful response. I am actually a member with SECU of MD for the last 19 months...I became their member and opened checking and saving accounts...was doing a few activities here and there...and then just 9 months ago I received a pre approved offer (not pre-selected one) for one of their credit cards....I responded to that offer but my application got denied for the reason- "esclating debt"...meaning I already have enough credit line in total with other lenders and they believed that it will be risky for them to lend me any amount of money. I appealed their decision to their board but it got denied as well..  I know some people do get this reasoning for the denial but I personally never heard of it prior to when it happened to me..

From OP I just wanted to know if he got this much CL with SECU right out of the gate or after establishing a relationship for a while...In my case building a relationship even for more than a year didnt help...Im still their member and I do use their checking and saving accounts actively...and hoping that one day they might budge to show some love for ME...

When I first started my relationship with SECU they were generous right out of the gate.
15K CC & 10K PLOC off one inquiry. 

If they're not approving you then maybe you could work on building a better relationship with them like making more deposits & doing direct deposit over time. Being very proactive has helped with other credit unions in my experience.

Last Friday I got again a pre-approved offer from SECU for one of their credit cards..I responded again and got denial for having too much total available credit...I have over $450k in available credit..7 months ago they sent similar pre approval offer but denied for the same reason...I built a relationship with them all this time..by putting DD and actively using checking and saving accounts....Oh well....

Message 65 of 65
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.