cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8th approval in 6 months..when will this stop?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

8th approval in 6 months..when will this stop?

Just got approved for $1,500 Marvel MasterCard. Went with Ironman. 3% on restaurants will come in handy. Pulled TU 698. In all seriousness I must be close to hitting a wall on approvals. Right? Or no? 0% Util.
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 8th approval in 6 months..when will this stop?

Congrats BluffCityNomad on your Marvel approval & your choice of the Ironman cc! 😊
Message 2 of 24
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Congrats Bluff! I also just got marvel approved. I got spidey!

Have you considered closing Open Sky? You clearly don't need them anymore. Just my 2cents. 

Congrats again!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

Congrats Bluff! I also just got marvel approved. I got spidey!

Have you considered closing Open Sky? You clearly don't need them anymore. Just my 2cents. 

Congrats again!

I started a thread about this the other day. Completely agree. At this point I think it's fair to say I can cut it loose. It really served its purpose though. Helped me begin my rebuild. And it happened fast. 

Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

In all seriousness though, shouldn't creditors stop approving me soon? Not sure how long this type of slow app spree lasts. The growth potential of all these cards combined is giving me butterflies. 

Message 5 of 24
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Your profile clearly has something that is attractive to your lenders. If you REALLY want to hit a road Block, apply for a Chase SP or CSR. You'll come to a screeching halt real fast! Your way past 5/24 rule. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 6 of 24
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Congrats to you , you will likely start to see some denials here really soon for too many new accounts and inquiries, esp once all the new stuff hits your reports. You have picked up some wonderful cards recently just head to the garden and let the babies grow
Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh don't worry Chase has denied me several times. The CSP and CSR are actually the best cards for my spending types but I just can't get in. Even before 5/24. Eventually I will get CSR and cancel half my cards. Calling Syncs backdoor number tomorrow morning to try and get the initial limit raised to 6k. I've read some good stories about that and it sounds like the are in favor of increasing SL's at activation for good TU scores. 

Message 8 of 24
Gmood1
Super Contributor

The Marvel UW is a little more stringent than some of the other Synchrony cards.
They like 60 to 90 days of use before raising limits in most cases. Good luck
If nothing this go around, wait till 3rd statement cuts and hit them again.
Message 9 of 24
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yup, Marvel wont give me the extra 2k to hit 10. They are definitely Syncs Csr hahaSmiley Wink.

If you really want to know your approval limit just keep appingSmiley Wink. Take a break, itll be worth it. Remember you got insider information, the forum, so realize its time to take a breather and grow your current cards. Those others will be there when you get outSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.