Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9 new lines of credit for almost $100,000

tag
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: APP SPREE:Fidelity® Rewards Visa Signature® ~*Approved For $5,000*~

Congrats on your success .... I think.

By my count you have opened 8 new bank cards today most by calling in and "pushing" the process - that's great if it works, but I think at this point if I was a lender I'd start to get pretty concerned about all the new cards and credit lines in one day. You might want to stop while you are ahead and I wouldn't be surprised if some of these new accounts get a closer look when they report all at once. Just a word of caution.... 

Message 21 of 90
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: APP SPREE:Fidelity® Rewards Visa Signature® ~*Approved For $5,000*~

@pipeguy wrote:

Congrats on your success .... I think.

By my count you have opened 8 new bank cards today most by calling in and "pushing" the process - that's great if it works, but I think at this point if I was a lender I'd start to get pretty concerned about all the new cards and credit lines in one day. You might want to stop while you are ahead and I wouldn't be surprised if some of these new accounts get a closer look when they report all at once. Just a word of caution.... 

+1. Also, a good idea to make one thread when you have multiple approvals on same day as opposed to creating separate threads for each. 

Welcome to the forum! 😉

Message 22 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: APP SPREE:Citi Double Cash Card~*Approved for $5,000*~

Agreed....
Message 23 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

moved

moved

Message 24 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

moved

moved

Message 25 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

moved

moved

Message 26 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Limit Increase Spree:Macy's Star Preferred~*Approved from $800 to $2,300*~

@Anonymous wrote:

I originally got this card in 2014. They gave me a credit limit of $600 and $1200 for furniture allowance. One year later since I didn't use the furniture allowance they took it back but raised my credit limit up to $800. I had on time payments with them and was informed of these changes by seeing it on my statement. I thought they could have informed me personally since I shop there all the time. Whatever. That was the only increase slash decrease I had gotten since getting the card. So I called and decided to ask for one. I spoke with a customer service agent who was able to help me. She asked me how much did I want to increase it to. I asked her to triple it and make it $2,400. Instead she came back and countered me for $2.300 stating that's the most they could increase me for at that time. A measly $100 they refused to give me?...lol...Was almost tempted to just close it since my balance was already zero with them. But the customer service person was really nice and the process was simple and quick. They only did a soft pull so didn't have to worry about no dings to the credit. Logged in 30 minutes later and the increase was in my account.

Congrats. 

Message 27 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

moved

moved

Message 28 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Limit Increase Spree:Macy's Star Preferred~*Approved from $800 to $2,300*~

Why are you posting individual posts when you can easily post one thread with all of your approval and credit lines increases?
Message 29 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Limit Increase Spree:Amazon Prime Store Card~*Approved from $400 to $3,000*~

@Anonymous wrote:

I originally got this card in 2014. They gave me a credit limit of $100 with my prime membership but it was just a store card back then. They upgraded it after 6 months to the Prime Store card and raised my limit up to $400. I have on time payments and despite my low limit I had heavy use with them. I have never asked for a credit limit increase before so I called and decided to ask for one. I spoke with a customer service agent through chat this time and then called in when she said I would qualify for one. She soft pulled my credit through chat.  She asked me what I wanted and I asked for $3,000. She instantly granted it to me. The process took about 10 minutes most of it was her looking over my account and report. Logged in 30 minutes later and the increase was in my account. Also received an alert from Credit Karma three days later. They had already posted the new increase and sent out the information to the credit bureaus.Was shocked by that because I also have a Walmart Store Credit Card through Synchony but it didn't update as fast.

Mimi

Congrats on the credit limit increases but we have an 'Approvals' forum where these types of posts are supposed to go.  They'll eventually get moved there so look for them in that section.

Message 30 of 90
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.