Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9 new lines of credit for almost $100,000

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit

Thanks so much for your compliment. I am glad to have so much available but even more glad for the lessons my son has learned from this journey. I hope he not only learns but that he applies it to his own life. When I was 16 my mother in law at the time set me down and tried to teach me some very basic financial decisions that could have truly impacted my life. She showed me how she done everything, how she kept records and her own financial statements. I never forget she took me to a shed in her back yard and she showed me ledgers that she had dating back to before I was even born from the 70's. Where she had wrote down every single bill amount and when it was due and when she paid it. She had cancelled checks dating back then to. I was too young and too foolish to appreciate the valuable information she was given me at the time. It was soon after that I made some very foolish mistakes. My very first checking account I tried to write everything down like she had showed me but forgot to factor in the monthly service charges and before I could catch it I had racked up over $3,000 in NSF charges from bounced checks. It was where I owed $35 for each check to the bank and multiple $35's to the creditors who had repeatedly sent the checks to be paid. The most horrible thing about it all is that not one of those checks were even over $10.00...Lol...What a disaster! She bailed me out, my hubby took my checkbook and that's how we started our first days being married. She also told me to save $20 at least every single week. If only I had listened and done that. Imagine how much I would have today. So I do pray my son starts out a heck of a lot better than I did...lol...by following the same steps I did of hard work, faith, patience and sacrifice.

Message 81 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express Blue Cash EveryDay Credit Card~*Approved for $8,000*~

Congrats on the approvals of your most recent AppSpree! That's a great card!

Instead of making 8 different threads for each approval, why don't you just combine all of them into one?

Hope you're not reposting the same approvals from last week that ultimately got combined into one thread.

You could just also give a summary. I don't think theres a need for you to explain what rewards structure you got since that will more or less be the same for others.

Message 82 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JJE8489

Yeah, those last week posts were a disaster! They were all jumbled together, you could not follow the conversation at all and none of it made sense because it was all mixed up. I prefer it to be separate where the whole conversation is only talking about the exact card I am posting about. It gave me a headache trying to figure out what people were saying. So I just deleted that old post and did it the way that is much neater and more concise. But because of forum rules I was told I could not post them all separate in one day so unfortunately I got to do it one a day. I do agree about the rewards structure but since this post will be on here for years to come it may not be the same for people way down the road. So I am posting it for them to compare year over year. Like we have posts from 2011 for instance in this forum. I can read it and see where the company has either progressed or declined in their reward and bonus structure so thats why I am posting. It might not make much of a difference to those people who are getting the cards right now right along with me. But it may be very useful for someone say 2 years down the line who might want to compare.

Message 83 of 90
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the approvals of your most recent AppSpree! That's a great card!

Instead of making 8 different threads for each approval, why don't you just combine all of them into one?

Hope you're not reposting the same approvals from last week that ultimately got combined into one thread.

You could just also give a summary. I don't think theres a need for you to explain what rewards structure you got since that will more or less be the same for others.

Yeah we don't need 10 new threads again, that will just get combine into one. OP went on an app spree.........great. Let's not make 10 new threads.......again. 

Message 84 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

In all honesty too Mimi, each individual thread for each approval makes it sound like you're bragging/showing off, and you're really, really, going out of your way to prove that you really did get approved by providing pictures and what not. We really don't need all that, especially since we're just random strangers on the Internet and what the information we get online from a message board should be taken with a grain of salt anyways. You're running the risk of the threads being combined again. We're happy you have the approvals, but one generic post is more than enough IMO.

Message 85 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JJE8489

I have decided to just leave MyFico Forums. I guess I am too used to Facebook or Twitter or any other social media place or forum where you can post stuff and it be allowed to be posted the way you choose to do it nice and neat. They have almost 700 pages of posts in this one section alone and its incredulous to me that I am being harassed this way about my posts, that they are closing them and moving them. It makes no sense to me but I guess people need something to do to feel important. I would much rather perfer to just find a forum where you can post your posts and have discussions on those post with intelligent people who are experiencing the same thing or interested in finding out information about the same thing I am posting about. This obviously is not that place.  I am not bragging or showing off I am simply stating my whole experience as it happened and thought I was sharing it with others who are going through similar journies as I am.  But I guess I can add that to the accussations along with the rest. I dont see how everyone else posting is legit but if I post then I am bragging/showing off?...how did you come to that conclusion?...smh...and for the record the only reason I even added pictures is because several people in this forum insinuated that I was lying and making it all up. But you are right. I should just take the cue that I am not welcome instead of trying to prove that what I said is 100% truth or doing what I am doing right now...trying to prove that I am not bragging but simply doing what thousands before me have done...posted about their experiences....anywho....I will now crawl away, cancel my membership and allow you and the bullies to have it...GOD bless!

Message 86 of 90
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Re: @JJE8489

Yeah........no one is bullying (most overused term ever). Just saying let's not make 10 more threads when they can easily be combined into one. Could you imagine the clutter if every person made separate threads for every single approval and instance? 

And no one didn't believe you. All that was said, was don't count on Amex following through with 2 day air. No one was calling you out, more calling out Amex on what they say. Getting overnight or express shipping is pretty rare. But take it however. Every forum has limits on posting, thread count, bumping and formats. Twitter and FB aren't moderated forums so they're not even in the same league. Go over to FT, MM secrets or any other and do the same thing and you will be greeted with the same rules. It's really not that hard to follow and consolidating multiple approvals to one thread is not a hard concept either.The reason your other one was so jumbled is because it was 9 different threads combined into one with crossposting combined. Had you done it from the beginning it would have been easier to follow. 

Reading and following the rules would prob had lead to a better experience here. 

Message 87 of 90
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Thread as been moved into this large one as its already part of this thread. OP please do not create any more threads on the cards that you speak about in this thread its a violation of our TOS to do so. I thank you for your understanding on this.

gdale6 - myFico Moderator

Message 88 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have decided to just leave MyFico Forums. I guess I am too used to Facebook or Twitter or any other social media place or forum where you can post stuff and it be allowed to be posted the way you choose to do it nice and neat. They have almost 700 pages of posts in this one section alone and its incredulous to me that I am being harassed this way about my posts, that they are closing them and moving them. It makes no sense to me but I guess people need something to do to feel important. I would much rather perfer to just find a forum where you can post your posts and have discussions on those post with intelligent people who are experiencing the same thing or interested in finding out information about the same thing I am posting about. This obviously is not that place.  I am not bragging or showing off I am simply stating my whole experience as it happened and thought I was sharing it with others who are going through similar journies as I am.  But I guess I can add that to the accussations along with the rest. I dont see how everyone else posting is legit but if I post then I am bragging/showing off?...how did you come to that conclusion?...smh...and for the record the only reason I even added pictures is because several people in this forum insinuated that I was lying and making it all up. But you are right. I should just take the cue that I am not welcome instead of trying to prove that what I said is 100% truth or doing what I am doing right now...trying to prove that I am not bragging but simply doing what thousands before me have done...posted about their experiences....anywho....I will now crawl away, cancel my membership and allow you and the bullies to have it...GOD bless!

This breaks my heart 💔

I really hope you stick around. I read the first string of post. Some were trying to assist you with how to post numerous approvals without the high school mean girl mentality. Some were just trying to assist you with your goal FICO. Unfortunately the message was lost with other hateful post. 

Mimi I agree....you received some very rude comments.  Another was the link from another board. They do not represent the spirit of this board. 

But it as I stated a few days ago, there are some good people on this forum. I hope you stick around so you can actually meet those posters and not leave based on the actions of a few. You are welcome here. 

Message 89 of 90
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

9...8...7...6... time to lock the tread because its going down fast.

Message 90 of 90
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.