Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9 new lines of credit for almost $100,000

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: APP SPREE:Citi Double Cash Card~*Approved for $5,000*~

@Anonymous wrote:

uh?...Tried to make it as neat as possible and informative. GOD bless!

They meant one approval thread with all your different approvals/CLI's in one thread..  You provided good information, but just made alot of different threads vs. one thread that listed all the approvals and information like you did in each individual thread.  Congrats and welcome to the forums.  

Message 41 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ baller4life

Thanks for the welcome! Wanted to post it separately though because A. I can be OCD and B. I want other people to be able to share their experiences about this exact same card. So if someone is reading it or researching this exact card they can gather as much information about each card individually. I know it's a lot and I probably took up some room today but hopefully it will make it a lot easier for those who are searching for information about this exact card without having to filter through other cards to find the information they are seeking. GOD bless!

Message 42 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pipeguy

Thanks for the advice! I did take that into consideration. I looked at it as a small step back to go a long ways forward. I am about building strategic mutual beneficial relationships with the major credit card companies. I picked the exact cards after extensive research that fit my lifestyle. Their closer look later will be exactly what they saw when they approved meSmiley Tongueerfect credit, low utilization and payment history that shows restraint and dependability. So I am sure they will look but with nothing but pristine credit I would imagine and hope I am the exact kind of consumer they are looking for. I can honestly say if any of them were to leave me or not appreciate my business it would be their loss not mines. GOD bless!

Message 43 of 90
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Re: APP SPREE:Citi Double Cash Card~*Approved for $5,000*~

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

uh?...Tried to make it as neat as possible and informative. GOD bless!

They meant one approval thread with all your different approvals/CLI's in one thread..  You provided good information, but just made alot of different threads vs. one thread that listed all the approvals and information like you did in each individual thread.  Congrats and welcome to the forums.  

I also meant the layout. Way too many useless paragraphs and unneeded symbols. One thread with straightforward information of the entire spree. Not 10 different posts of useless paragraphs and separation lines made from symbols. 

Couple that with copypasta information that everyone already knows about the credit cards.

Message 44 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari

Thanks so much I really really appreciate it and GOD bless!

Message 45 of 90
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Limit Increase Spree:Barclays Apple Rewards~*Approved from $2,000 to $5,000*~

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Hi Pipeguy

I know ive read many of OP's approvals, but maybe OP has been gardening for awhile and his/her profile supports such a spree. Any reason beside the many apps together this can end badly. Just curious as this may help others reading here. I dont know enough about OP's profile to make any educated thoughts at the moment. I know ive read on here Chase can sp right after approving an account so maybe that can lead to AA. Not sure but interested to hear your thoughts if you dont mind sharingSmiley Happy

Note MODS - if this is inappropriate or should be in another thread - please move or delete.

We should probably start a different thread on his, but perhaps it'll help the OP if she ever reads any of these comments. OP stated in her signature her goal of hitting an 850 score, other than the ego thing of posting an 850, 760-780 is the same as far as lenders, but she's doing everything in her power to drop her score if in fact this is a serious series of posts. In addition she has said that she has not 1 but 2 current "Credit One" accounts which shows "diplomatically" a lack of higher grade cards/accounts and a degree of sophistication in understanding scoring and revolving credit. I’m not making a judgement, but considering OP says she’s pushing these approvals through manual reviews, the analyst is looking at two Credit One sub-prime accounts as part of her current history.

Now, specifically:  A lender wants you to use their card for interest income and swipe fees, they want you to use their card as much as possible, but they are also aware of ID theft, cards being run up and then abandoned and other types of fraud. Saying the major (!) app spree happens,  a lender will know that first you are NOT going to favor their card over others because you’ve got lots of cards and you’ve increased your total exposure to all of a sudden go holiday shopping on $100,000 without being able to pay “their account”. This is assuming there is no fraud involved.

Think about it this way, let’s say you make $250k a year, but have always paid cash and have no credit history, you can obviously afford to pay back credit card purchases , but with a Fico score of 000 do you think 8-10 banks would instantly open 10-12-18 accounts with high credit limits because you asked? Basically little risk, but it’s not going to happen.

Op is hitting new apps and CLI’s all within a few hours of each other – red flag – this shows lenders   (and their computers track this stuff along with CRA’s reports and feedback)  that op was ”hiding activity” doing it quickly before other accounts could analyze an up to date credit report.

10-12-15 new hard inquiries are going to drop OP’s score 25-50 points. 8 10 new accounts will drop AAoA and score 25-50+ points and ding her for “new accounts” another 20+ points.  My guess is that OP will lose 75 to 100 points and maybe earn 15-20 points for lower utility. Given Op’s scores are listed as mid-700’s after this run they’ll be mid to high 600’s and her new high limit accounts are going to say , do we really want to risk this much on someone who’s score are 660 and just dropped 75 points.

Bottom line, if YOU were a “credit analyst” being pushed to do a manual review  for an “unknown” application (meaning not a current customer) and you saw this total picture, even before the FICO/CRA feedback, how would you react?

I’m not making any judgement toward the OP, just the reported actions – this is exactly how NOT to build a healthy fico score or profile. 2-3-4 cards and a couple of CRI’s maybe at one time, but even then a thick file and history would be desired to stay clear of overt attention and possible AA’s.

Edit/Add: Lenders watch each other, well at least their computers do, and if 2 or 3 of these new accounts get AA'd or closed that'll end up on a list to all of her lenders that get these reports - red flag - domino effect.  It would also be interesting and helpful to know if there were additional accounts/CLI's requests that were declined.

Message 46 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit

I believe that closed mouths dont get fed and timing is everything...Once you have built a financial profile that shows you are credit worthy I think you should not be shy or timid about putting yourself out there. Because credit card companies spend thousands and lose thousands looking for me. I made it easy for them. I also know with the holidays approaching and following their stocks. Again they are looking for me. To help them reach their financial goals and numbers. So look forward to many many years of building with them. SN:Comenity escaped but Synchony did not. I hit them up for credit limit increases. On my Amazon Prime Store Card (from $400-$3,000) and my Walmart (from $900-$5,000). I truly feel blessed though and wish GOD blesses you too!

Message 47 of 90
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Re: @AverageJoesCredit

@Anonymous wrote:

I believe that closed mouths dont get fed and timing is everything...Once you have built a financial profile that shows you are credit worthy I think you should not be shy or timid about putting yourself out there. Because credit card companies spend thousands and lose thousands looking for me. I made it easy for them. I also know with the holidays approaching and following their stocks. Again they are looking for me. To help them reach their financial goals and numbers. So look forward to many many years of building with them. SN:Comenity escaped but Synchony did not. I hit them up for credit limit increases. On my Amazon Prime Store Card (from $400-$3,000) and my Walmart (from $900-$5,000). I truly feel blessed though and wish GOD blesses you too!

No offense but most, if not all (hard to tell with the endless threads) of your approvals went to review. If your profile was ready,  they would be instant. 

Message 48 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit

You are not average but super in my opinion, thanks a lot again!

Message 49 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good berg

Good observation but wrong! The reason they all went to review is because having great credit is a blessing and a burden. You have to protect it at all costs and worry about those who would love to steal it. So my credit files all have fraud alerts on them. I also freeze them until I am ready to use them and then I freeze them again. The reason I had to call in on all of them is to prove who I was. Which is EXACTLY what I want them to do every single time. Its not a hassle its an added layer of protection for me. The one time I got lax (ONE TIME) you hear me someone stole my credit card and ran up a small amount. They were stupid though because they went on a spending spree in Home Depot, Walmart, McDonalds and get this ...a nail shop. BIG mistake. They went where cameras were. So I learned my lesson from that. Now I am a lifelock, credit freeze and fraud alert kinda chick. It is a lot of threads isnt it? My advice would be not to try to read them all if you have a short attention span because they are a lot. Which they all equal up to a successful run for me but if you are on the sidelines and not getting to enjoy all the money they are throwing my way it could be annoying. Have a great day sir and GOD bless you!

Message 50 of 90
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.