Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Strange Tale of CSR Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A Strange Tale of CSR Approval

I am happily sharing I am the cardholder of a shiny new CSR after a truly strange run of events from Chase. Chase gave me a ~20k CL.

I have my info on a previous post: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/CSR-Approval-Chances-Short-History/m-p/534....

Apparently my internal Chase credit score is 710, as an additional data point.

But things have gotten weirder since then. After about 6 weeks of having both the Freedom and the Freedom Unlimited, Chase AA'd the Freedom because I had "opened too many cards recently and exceeded my internal credit limit." As you can see, I had not opened any cards except with Chase since May, and only had two cards before the Freedoms. I called and they said apparently some bean counter got nervous, they wouldn't reverse the decision.

Anyway, I'm about to purchase a large number of travel rewardable stuff (Airfare, Airbnb, etc), so I needed to app for the CSR now to use it. I figured I might as well combine requests for the CSR, and failing that, the CSP. And I got it. So, like, 4 weeks after an AA, got a new card with 5x the credit limit of the previous card - which was closed because I had too much credit with Chase. Mind blown.

I suppose they could still AA the CSR, but I called in and the analyst said she saw nothing wrong, no reason Chase would AA. Go figure.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A Strange Tale of CSR Approval

Congrats on your approval! 

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your CSR approval! Wow, from AA to CSR! 180 twist and turn. lol

Message 3 of 16
L-TWT
Established Contributor

Congrats! I’m a new CSR card holder as well. So far I’m loving the card and now the only CC I carry in my wallet. I plan on racking up a lot of UR’s before my trip to Cape Town....

Message 4 of 16
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Boy that was an interesting chain of events, but.... congrats on the CSR.  As you mentioned, I sure hope they don't take the same action on the CSR!  Keep us updated.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Hoping to get a CSR myself once I finish up the $1,000 spend for my new Amex BCE I got last week. Gotta rack up those UR points before a Summer trip. Wanted to ask what your AAoA is. Mine’s 2 Years 7 Months. Hoping it’s good enough.

P.S. What’s an AA? (sorry if that’s a stupid question).
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval. I have the CSP and will likely PC (product change) to the CSR after I let my current accounts age a bit.
Message 7 of 16
luxlight
Regular Contributor

It stands for Adverse Action and it what takes place when a lending firm no longer trusts you with the credit they've granted you and begins to take action against your accounts either through balance chasing (continually lowering your credit limit to your current balance on that card as you make payments on it), or just completely closing accounts that you have open with them

FICO 8 Scores

TU: 743 [2 Inquiry] | EQ: 742 (FAKO) [0 Inquiry] | EX: 753 [4 Inquiries]

AAoA = 2 years, AAoOA = 3 year 1 months

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, that’s terrifying. I love my balances where they’re at. Any clue as to what would cause them to take AA? Wanna keep all my accounts in good graces.
Message 9 of 16
luxlight
Regular Contributor

Its only really a few lenders that you have to be careful with about that. The only lenders that i know that do that is really Barclays, Comenity and Chase and most scenarios that i see it in is when someone opens a card with one of these banks and continues to acquire alot more credit from other lenders. Essentially, don't open a credit card with these banks and immediately acquire alot more credit from other lenders. Let the accounts age a little bit before you do or you run the risk of them resorting to adverse action

FICO 8 Scores

TU: 743 [2 Inquiry] | EQ: 742 (FAKO) [0 Inquiry] | EX: 753 [4 Inquiries]

AAoA = 2 years, AAoOA = 3 year 1 months

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.