Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Wary Chase Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A Wary Chase Approval

Chase used to love me for long time. Then they hated me. Deservedly so, as I stuck them for 20K, mas o menos, 20+ years ago. I'd heard their institutional memory was especially long so I've not even set foot in a branch, until about 3 weeks ago. I'd read this and decided the $300 for the checking account would be simple enough, so I went to a branch near my home and opened a checking account. While doing the paperwork the personal banker mentioned in passing I was showing as "pre-approved" for some credit cards. That night while buying some things on Amazon I got a CC offer at checkout & thought "What the heck"? Approved for a $2500 Chase Amazon.

Today I was out running errands -- mainly to keep me away from the computer and the 2nd App Spree I've endeavored in a couple of weeks -- and I decided to see if the Chase CC offers were still good. I saw the same young fellow, he checked and said I was showing good on all of the personal cards they offer , so I chose Chase Freedom, he pushed a button, and Bingo! $2800 CL with easy $150 SUB.

So they didn't exactly "slaughter the fatted calf."  But they have let me back in the house. And they didn't make me crawl. 

DPs: another EX HP today (plus an EX & TU HP on the Chase Amazon); Score: EX FICO 08 723 (today); for the Amazon card maybe 20 - 25 points less. Util: 5%; INQ: 13 EX; Note: the Chase Amazon which hasn't yet reported to the CRAs but which the branch manager said does show internally, put me at 5/24 (not counting the small army of CCs yet to show their faces). Another reason to visit the branch, I figured. 

Edit: I discover this morning they also did a TU HP. They're gonna make me pay, one way or the other, to get back in the house. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Re: A Wary Chase Approval

Congrats on both approvals, enjoyed reading this.. I think we've all been there but glad you weren't slaughtered this time around! Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Chase Freedom! It great Chase let you back in. I have a charge off with them from 6 years back. Might be a while until I can see the green check marks! 

It's probably best to head to the garden for a while if you want to keep your Chase cards! 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

"not counting the small army of CCs yet to show their faces"

You have more new credit cards that Chase didn't see?

CONGRATS on your two new Chase cards!

Message 4 of 9
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approvals.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your both approvals , very nice SL and welcome back to chase family

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 9
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the dual approvals!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the kind words, C4A, Steve, sjrn, C750, VM, X, and x. The encouragement is appreciated. 

Note: I just updated the original post: Chase HP'ed TU & EX. So four Chase Inq in three weeks -- but better than spending them on Cap1, right?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.