Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A card, a CLI and a new phrase.

tag
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

A card, a CLI and a new phrase.

Hello everyone,

I had an interesting last couple of days. On Saturday, I applied for a Platinum Visa with NY MCU, and was immediately approved for $8,100 at their lowest APR (12.15%).

This morning, I received an AJC Special (Copyright and all respect to AJC), otherwise known as a $500 CLI on my Discover IT, which now stands at $6,000. Next CLI will result in the combination with my Chrome, which I hope will be no later than the end of April.

Finally, the $30,000 Low Rate MasterCard showed up in my Bethpage FCU account this morning. I found out the rate will be 12.15% APR after the 12 month 2.99% APR and applies to both purchases and balance transfers. No balance transfer fees or FTF. I've been thinking about how this approval came to be (see earlier in this forum) and have decided to call it a "drive-by approval" for lack of a better term.

Question to the gardeners out there: How am I supposed to garden when I get approvals without having to do a new application?

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: A card, a CLI and a new phrase.

@bizarrocreditworld wrote:

Question to the gardeners out there: How am I supposed to garden when I get approvals without having to do a new application?

You're adding a new line of credit that resets your garden date I believe. And congrats!

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approval and CLI !!!!

Message 3 of 10
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval and CLI!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 4 of 10
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval and increase!

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your new card and CLI!Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 10
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Well, I’ll be (fill in the blank🤣)

Some people got it, and some people don’t.
And you my (wo)man—got it!

Congratulations!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 7 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

😁 Let it be known that AJC Specials can still bring joy even in a Bizarre WorldSmiley Wink.

Fantastic work Bizzaro, pretty soon you will have the Credit Union market corneredSmiley Happy. Enjoy Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 10
difringe
Established Contributor

Congratulations on the CLI! Also, excellent pre-approval offer!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You’re having a nice run lol! Congrats!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.