Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A couple nice approvals......Walmart/ Discover

tag
bandlp08
New Contributor

A couple nice approvals......Walmart/ Discover

So I must say I am a big fan of Capital One. I know they can be scum but hear me out.....   They are the only ones that would touch me after bankruptcy which was discharged in April of this year. They started me out in  their steps program $300  and go to $500 after five on time payments. Which Happened this past week! Anyways, I seen they took over the Walmart card and yes I know its walmart but I do a lot of shopping there because it is less than 2 miles from my house. I absolutly love to order my food online and just drive my butt to that perfect little parking spot up front and them  load my car up. So  back to my story..... I thought what the heck maybe they will let me back in (burned both Walmart and Capital One in my BK). I filled the app out and it said it had to verify my ID which was done with my phone and boom.... few seconds later I was approved for the Walmart  Rewards Mastercard with a $2000 limit. 

Now on to my other approval!!!! This was by far better to me than Walmart.... Like I said I filed BK in Dec 2018 and Discharged in April 2019. I had a previous Discover card small limit. I paid it off and closed it a few months before Bankruptcy so they were not burned. I tried for their pre-appoval thing every 2 weeks since my discharge. Each time it said no because of past account history. Which blew my mind because I was always on time and never over my limit. It was by far in good standing when I had closed it. So last week I thought let me go try them again its been about 2 weeks since the last try.  It came back with you are pre approved for 2 cards. I cant even remember what the other one was but I went with the Chrom It. I ended up with a $1000 limit. Which was great compared to the small $200 limit I had with them before. Crazy that Im more happy about the smaller $1000 limit with discover than the $2000 with Capital/Walmart but come on its Discover. I feel it will continue to grow with me in the future. Well off to the garden with no plans to come out for a year. I plan to focus on limit increases and building my savings account.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: A couple nice approvals......Walmart/ Discover

Congrats on both!  Yay you!

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 16
bandlp08
New Contributor

Thank you! I know they are small but it is proof I am moving in the right direction.

@tcbofade wrote:

Congrats on both!  Yay you!

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great results so soon out of the BK and also an excellent plan to garden awhile now. Congrats!
Message 4 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice jobSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 16
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the nice approvals!!

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals!!
Message 7 of 16
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!
April 2024: Experian 769; Equifax 779; Transunion 781

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 10/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (1) Trans: (0) Equif: (0)

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your new approvals!

Message 9 of 16
Phoenixupward
Regular Contributor

Congratulations.  Keep the good work.   

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.