Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A couple of "spur of the moment" approvals

Thank you everyone for your congrats and information 😄

Message 11 of 17
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!!! Did you choose "Spur" of the moment for the reason I am thinking? #COYS 

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nuohlac wrote:

Congratulations on your approvals!!! Did you choose "Spur" of the moment for the reason I am thinking? #COYS 

LOL that was unintentional I swear 😂

I'm a United fan.

Message 13 of 17
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approvals, SS!

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals!!!

Message 15 of 17
EverForward
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your new cards.  Both new cards sound solid and useful.

From my recent experience, if you're going to strategically apply for 2-3 cards, seems almost best to apply for them back to back, before the 1st card reports.  I was recently declined on a prequal by Disco as my Cap1 recently reported.  No harm no foul as it was a SP.  I could be totally wrong, just an observation.

Sorry can't help with your questions.  Good luck with US Bank approval...

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got an email from U.S. Bank confirming my approval, and the card now shows up on my account online. Smiley Happy

Had a couple more questions if anyone happens to know the answers to:

1) From what I read online, you can call up U.S. Bank and get a CLI on your SL. Is that usually a SP? And is it worth doing in my case since I already got a $5K limit? Would be nice to have a card over $5k as it seems no banks want to break that boundary with me. Smiley Very Happy

2) When am I actually eligible for a CLI on the Capital One Walmart card? From what I've read on the forums, seems like it's 6 months. However, the Capital One website says your card only needs to be over 3 months old. https://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/credit-line-increase/

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.