Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few gas cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A few gas cards

So I have never had a gas card and started checking some out . Went for the Conoco card as we always get our generator fuel there . Approved 800 limit .
For me I love our shell station, it has the cheapest unleaded prices . Got the Mastercard with 750 limit . Hubby likes Exxon cause it has cheaper diesel prices . Picked that up for him , 950 limit . Should be enough as we always pay in full now and Especially the gas cards have horrid interest .

Conoco pulled Transunioun.
Shell and Exxon pulled experian.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
SBR249
Established Contributor

Re: A few gas cards

Just out of curiosity, did these cards offer better rewards or benefits as compared to a standard 5% cashback gas card like Ducks Unlimited? Or were they just easier to get?

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is ducks unlimited? I have never heard of that card unfortunately. that may have been worth checking out . Now I am thinking it’s too late lol. I don’t know about how “easy” it is to get these cards. Citi has always been a tougher nut to crack for ME. Synchrony is hit or miss . Probably with my scores they are “easier “ but I was going for cards that had the best rewards for the gas stations we frequent a lot, regardless of who issued them .
Message 3 of 10
SBR249
Established Contributor

The Ducks Unlimited card issued by FNBO gives 5% cashback on gas and sports goods. The Ft. Knox CU card also gives 5% but I think it's probably harder to get than the Ducks Unlimited. 

Message 4 of 10
OmarR
Established Contributor

Depending on price of gas, the Exxon card can approach 5% CB, but the other 2 typically range from 1.5%-3%, sometimes a bit more.

There are straight 5% CB cards, such as FNBO Ducks Unlimited VISA, Fort Knox VISA, and USAA Rewards Amex. And they don't limit you to which stand-alone gas station you can go to.

And than you also have rotating category cards, such as Chase Freedom & Discover IT & Citi Dividend that offer 5% during certain months of the year. You can't app for the Dividend anymore, but you can product change from another Citi card to it.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Best-gas-card/td-p/5327310

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Man sounds like there was good options out there for gas that I didnt realize ! I’ll wait a year and see how it goes with these cards, then debate getting something else . Thanks for the other options guys !!
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Sam's Club MC gives me 5% cashback at any gas station.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don’t have a sams club near me in within even 400 miles so that card is not an option for me unfortunately . Good to know there are so many iptions out there though !
Message 8 of 10
Green456
Established Contributor

I got Fort Knox Federal Credit union 5% of all gas VISA card.

Message 9 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the cards! And it looks like they will be cards put to good use!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.