cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A good day for CLIs (Amex 3x and Navcheck)

tag
Miscellamy
Contributor

A good day for CLIs (Amex 3x and Navcheck)

Today was my 61 day mark for my BCP, so I asked for and instantly received the full 3x: $2500 to $7500. Makes the lowish starting CL a lot less painful. Yay!

Then, this evening, I started mulling over my Navcheck. I opened that the same day I opened my NFCU accounts, refinanced my car with them, and got the Cash Rewards Visa with a $25K CL, so I had foolishly requested a piddly little $2K Navcheck. (I was worried that they'd think I was greedy. Smiley Embarassed)  Decided to ask for the full $15K and got a message saying it was under review, generally have an answer within an hour, blah blah. Started to squirm. Realized it was after 6 pm on a Friday and I might be squirming for a while. But have no fear! Checked the status 20 minutes later and saw that it was approved for $15K. I was hoping for a soft pull, but it was worth the increase either way. 

Truth be told, I'd already snuck out of the garden a few weeks ago to app for the Southwest RR Premier. I just never logged in to fix my signature and report the approval. I fly Southwest a fair bit and they mailed me the 50K bonus points preapproval, so I went for it. Instant approval at $5k. (As it turns out, there was no rush: they've continued to mail me the same preapproval offer at the rate of 2-3 a week. Guess they REALLY wanted me to have that card).   

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

Re: A good day for CLIs (Amex 3x and Navcheck)

@Miscellamy wrote:

Today was my 61 day mark for my BCP, so I asked for and instantly received the full 3x: $2500 to $7500. Makes the lowish starting CL a lot less painful. Yay!

Then, this evening, I started mulling over my Navcheck. I opened that the same day I opened my NFCU accounts, refinanced my car with them, and got the Cash Rewards Visa with a $25K CL, so I had foolishly requested a piddly little $2K Navcheck. (I was worried that they'd think I was greedy. Smiley Embarassed)  Decided to ask for the full $15K and got a message saying it was under review, generally have an answer within an hour, blah blah. Started to squirm. Realized it was after 6 pm on a Friday and I might be squirming for a while. But have no fear! Checked the status 20 minutes later and saw that it was approved for $15K. I was hoping for a soft pull, but it was worth the increase either way. 

Truth be told, I'd already snuck out of the garden a few weeks ago to app for the Southwest RR Premier. I just never logged in to fix my signature and report the approval. I fly Southwest a fair bit and they mailed me the 50K bonus points preapproval, so I went for it. Instant approval at $5k. (As it turns out, there was no rush: they've continued to mail me the same preapproval offer at the rate of 2-3 a week. Guess they REALLY wanted me to have that card).   

Congrats on the approvals!

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 2 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats to your success Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 12
hot4u
Established Contributor

Congrats on your CLI...Smiley Wink

Now to wait 6 months Till your next spin at the wheel.

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 4 of 12
baller4life
Super Contributor

Congrats nice increases!!

Message 5 of 12
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your approvals!

No more sneaking out!Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 12
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 7 of 12
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@Miscellamy wrote:

Do you have any baddies on your CR?

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 8 of 12
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 9 of 12
Miscellamy
Contributor

@efranklin23 wrote:

@Miscellamy wrote:

Do you have any baddies on your CR?

Yes, I still have several lates, one within the last year. No collections or charge-offs. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.