cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A humdinger of a CITI SL (for me anyway)

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

A humdinger of a CITI SL (for me anyway)

First I'll like to say thank you to Mister Endowed and Finstar (https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Macys-30-Days-CLI-train/m-p/5259929#M541412) for providing the drive for me to obtain this.

I applied at 6:30am this morning for the Citi Preferred Thank you card.  I got the 7-10 day we require further processing.  I called a few hours later.  I got a woman at the backdoor who said I needed to speak with a senior analyst.  I said ok this is not looking good.  The senior analyst comes on the phone and verifies my identity and states she needs 2-3 minutes to process my application.  Tick/tock.  She comes back and says she needs another 3-4 minutes.  I say ok.  She then comes back with a monatone voice (I knew I was denied at this point) and says I just need to finalize your credit limit so please give me another 2-3 minutes.  Didn't mind waiting this time Smiley Happy She comes back and says let me make sure that your credit line was approves since I gave you more than the system initially recommended for you.  She then goes yes it has been approved for (wait for it) $20,000.  She then says it has been approved but will not update in the system until midnight tonight.  By far the biggest Citi starting limit I've ever received.  I couldn't get any more CLI's with my existing Citi lines so Finstart suggested a new account may be possible and there you have it.  None of this would have started unless Mister E hadn't posted his CLI Macy's train which got me going on that front with Citi.  I have the following Citi accounts:

Sears Mastercard @4k

Macy's Amex @17k

American Airlines @11.7k

Citi Simplicty @6.4k

Costco @11k

Double cash @14.4k

Expedia @9k

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A humdinger of a CITI SL (for me anyway)

Congratulations!

imo, that is a nice SL for anyone. I'd certainly be happy with it. Citi sounds like a great card.

Message 2 of 37
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Nice SL. Congrats!
Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 3 of 37
12njoy
Super Contributor

Thanks all
___________ 12Njoy
Message 4 of 37
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Very nice CL for that card.. Congrats

Message 5 of 37
12njoy
Super Contributor

Thanks CC
___________ 12Njoy
Message 6 of 37
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Pretty SWEEEEEET!!
Citi only lets  me have Home Depot and then the
“NADA” Visa😋

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 7 of 37
12njoy
Super Contributor

Thanks woodyman
___________ 12Njoy
Message 8 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on Monster SL

Message 9 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice SL! Congrats! Whatever you’re doing you’re doing it right!
Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.