cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A humdinger of a CITI SL (for me anyway)

tag
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: A humdinger of a CITI SL (for me anyway)

Hot d*mn!! Congratulations! That's a great SL! 👍👍

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 11 of 37
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats 12njoy

I thought Macys was DSNB, not Citi ??

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 12 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, 12njoy! Mighty nice SL on this newest card! Other Citi cards looking great, too! Happy for you! Enjoy! Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 37
Gmood1
Super Contributor

A big congrats 12! 😀
You continue to disprove the doomsayers with these awesome approvals!
I still have a statue of you in the foyer by the way.😂
Message 14 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@12njoy wrote:

First I'll like to say thank you to Mister Endowed and Finstar (https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Macys-30-Days-CLI-train/m-p/5259929#M541412) for providing the drive for me to obtain this.

I applied at 6:30am this morning for the Citi Preferred Thank you card.  I got the 7-10 day we require further processing.  I called a few hours later.  I got a woman at the backdoor who said I needed to speak with a senior analyst.  I said ok this is not looking good.  The senior analyst comes on the phone and verifies my identity and states she needs 2-3 minutes to process my application.  Tick/tock.  She comes back and says she needs another 3-4 minutes.  I say ok.  She then comes back with a monatone voice (I knew I was denied at this point) and says I just need to finalize your credit limit so please give me another 2-3 minutes.  Didn't mind waiting this time Smiley Happy She comes back and says let me make sure that your credit line was approves since I gave you more than the system initially recommended for you.  She then goes yes it has been approved for (wait for it) $20,000.  She then says it has been approved but will not update in the system until midnight tonight.  By far the biggest Citi starting limit I've ever received.  I couldn't get any more CLI's with my existing Citi lines so Finstart suggested a new account may be possible and there you have it.  None of this would have started unless Mister E hadn't posted his CLI Macy's train which got me going on that front with Citi.  I have the following Citi accounts:

@Sears Mastercard @4k

@Anonymous's Amex @17k

@Anonymous Airlines @Anonymous.7k

@Anonymous Simplicty @6.4k

@Anonymous @11k

@Double cash @Anonymous.4k

@Expedia @9k

Excellent!! Congratulations!!....Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@12njoy wrote:
Thanks all

lol

Message 16 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Same process for me, but at a much lower CL! LOL 

Message 17 of 37
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

Congrats 12njoy

Citi took over the underwriting for Macy's cards back around August of 2015.

BTW: Congrats 12 on the SUPER SL!

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 18 of 37
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Congrats. I wish Citi could approve AAdvantage for me. Will wait for my new accounts to age. What does your credit scores look like?

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 19 of 37
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@Meanmchine wrote:

Congrats 12njoy

Citi took over the underwriting for Macy's cards back around August of 2015.

BTW: Congrats 12 on the SUPER SL!

Just took this off the Macy's account log on page. Maybe you are thinking of Sears?

American Express is a federally registered service mark of American Express and is used by Department Stores National Bank pursuant to a license. The Macy's American Express Card program is issued and administered by Department Stores National Bank.

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.