Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A little Cap1 QS1 CLI love

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A little Cap1 QS1 CLI love

Yes PC now! I start 11 months and three weeks ago with a 500 platinum card. PC to qs after three months with a CLI to 3000, then received another 500 for credit steps at 6 months. Next week after the fourth I'm going to try for another CLI and hopefully get more then 5000.
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks everyone Smiley Happy   So.....I hopped on chat and the upgrade was a big NO.      It's frustrating because I run a lot of money through this card.  Current UTI is about 10%.    I will try again at the end of November....

CAPONEUNABLE.JPG

Sorry to hear this. That sucks! I've only been approved for like two months and was hoping that I can PC in the next few months. As for waiving the annual fee, I have seen posts where others have contacted the EO or facebook to have them help with that. They may also be able to help with the PC. I'm not sure if these are still viable options, but it is worth a shot. 

Message 12 of 17
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks everyone Smiley Happy   So.....I hopped on chat and the upgrade was a big NO.      It's frustrating because I run a lot of money through this card.  Current UTI is about 10%.    I will try again at the end of November....

CAPONEUNABLE.JPG

First of all... huge congrats on the CLI Smiley Very Happy

I know you're annoyed about the lack of a PC offer, but I have some data points for you on that... I had been trying to get my QS1 upgraded for nearly three years... each time I was told "there's no offer on the account at this time; please try again later on..."  Smiley Frustrated

Since my card had a $79 (!) annual fee I was quite discouraged by this, and I eventually even opened a QS Visa Signature, with the intention of closing the old QS1.  That's the thing, though... it was (is) old - it will be 10 years on the next anniversary - and it's also my oldest bankcard.  Long story short, the last couple of years I was able to get them to waive half the fee, however both times I had to let the fee hit the account before they would help me out with it.  In my case even with them waiving half, I was still paying 50¢ more than a brand-new QS1 cardholder which really got on my last nerve (half came to $39.50; the current AF for a new QS1 is only $39).  Smiley Mad

I tried to get a PC right after the holidays only to be shot down, and the chat rep told me that they review the accounts every three weeks and he encouraged me to keep trying, and to try often.  (Note that I'm not sure about the every three week part, but I was encouraged that he indicated that it wasn't a problem on their end if I tried often). 

Out of boredom I tried in the middle of Feb, and while I was really just going through the motions I was astonished to see on the screen that I had an "offer" to PC either to a QS or a no-AF Venture (which I'm sure was really a Venture One, but since I wanted the QS anyway there was no reason to bust their chops on mixing up the Venture cards).  So in my case it took a few years, but I eventually got my PC.  Smiley Happy

Don't give up on your own PC... and if you have an AF to hit before you get the upgrade give them a call and see about having it waived (in my case I always asked for a waiver, and they countered with half... I never asked for half first).  Also, note that they won't be able to do anything about the AF until it actually posts to your account (been there, done that... you can't be proactive, unfortunately.)  That will at least make it more reasonable until you get the PC you're looking for!  Smiley Wink

Hang in there, and again congrats on the CLI!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow 3 years, Uncle B, you have patience!  

I have the same issue, it is my oldest open card.      I will keep trying, but, I don't understand their logic when some people get an upgrade after only a few statements!    

And thanks for the congrats on the CLI everyone Smiley Happy 

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP did you use the card heavily if you dont mind sharing.

because i too started at 500 and got 1000 CLI at 3 month mark and tiny 500 after i completed step putting me to 2000.

i was actually pissed when they gave me 500 after i completed step because ive been putting 2~3k a month and 4k right before my steps were completed

im hoping they will give me decent CLI when my 12th statement cuts which is like 27 days away and put my credit limit to at least 5k.

so i can apply for chase sapphire preffered

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

First off, CONGRATS on your CLI!

Just ask for a PC every now and then.  Eventually they may offer it, but it seems like data points show that PCing a Plat to a QS is easier than PCing a QS1 to a QS (maybe because of the annual fee they're raking in on those of us that carry one? hehe who knows).

I ask for a PC on mine about once a month or so.  My anniversary is in December and I don't really mind the annual fee (I mean hey, I'm rebuilding, it's par for the course and it isn't something terrible with a leech company so NBD), but I still hope for the PC one day.

Message 16 of 17
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow 3 years, Uncle B, you have patience!  

I have the same issue, it is my oldest open card.      I will keep trying, but, I don't understand their logic when some people get an upgrade after only a few statements!    

And thanks for the congrats on the CLI everyone Smiley Happy 

Yep, it had been a Capital One account for three years but it's actually been opened since 2007 (and reports as such).  Back when I was getting turned down for the PC several people speculated that the reason I was having such difficulties was because the card started off as HSBC/Orchard, but I still continued to check every few months. This is one time I can say my stubbornness paid off.  Smiley LOL

Ironically, had they started combining accounts just a little earlier I probably would have combined it with my QS Visa just to be done with it (which would have been "OK", but I much prefer having an almost 10 year-old tradeline still reporting as open). 

Again, hang in there and just keep checking in with them... it will happen!  Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.