Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A little retail LUV today

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A little retail LUV today

I’d be surprised if they didn’t have an internal scoring system of some sorts. I can’t imagine any lender doesn’t. I’m not financing any projects - my house is hopefully good to go for a long while. In the last 26 months I’ve replaced the water heater and furnace with high-efficiency units, put in a new fridge, had a 500 sq ft addition put on, added a side porch, had the roof done, and had everything vinyl sided. Final project this spring will be a new driveway.

I don’t need the additional spending power for anything specific, but 13 years of perfect history should be worth something, and it sucks to blow my UTI on that card if I go to buy light bulbs, mulch, a new hose, and a couple garden tools.
Message 11 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Agreed. At least you have a bright spot. 13 year old cc, cant pick THAT up at LowesSmiley Wink
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

For what its worth, 

I got a HD and Lowes store cards same week (11/18) Both Starter with $500. Called for a manual credit bump. HD went to $2000 and Lowes $6000 (asked for $10K).

Been doing a lot of work on the house, so did LUV for HD last week(forgot it was a hard pull.) Denied + HP.

Did the LUV for Lowes Asked for $10,000 got $10,000 = SP.

HD is PIF 

Lowes carries a $500~  balance, depending on my purchases that month. Ran a couple Gs through both. Guess who's getting the Bathroom Remodel business.

Vantage 3.0 690/700 Utilization 33% across accounts. 10 HP / 12 months. $70k income.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great info and the same kind of thinking I’m going through. If Lowe’s does right by me when I bring up my score where I want it, HD will go in the drawer as AJC was saying, and will be used for trash bags a couple times a year. With 13 years open I’m not about to dump it, but I’m not about to try and concentrate spending on it either.
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 15 of 18
Rogue46
Established Contributor

I hit the luv button on my retail cards every month and almost always get an increase. It's a soft pull anyway so why not

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rogue46, I do it a little less than that, every couple months on the ones that give me CLIs. The stubborn ones I’ll do every 3-4 months in the hopes they won’t think I’m being a pest and write me off without considering it.
Message 17 of 18
Rogue46
Established Contributor

Unfortunately the ones that give the most love I really don't have a use for so they sit in my drawer with zero balance..

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.