Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A newbie's CC application story: 5 cards in 3 months

tag
creditFiend
Established Contributor

Re: A newbie's CC application story: 5 cards in 3 months

Congrats on the approvals, & being persistent!
Garden some months & let your accts age for future approvals.
Last app: 2/21/2016
Amex PRG (NPSL)| Amex Hilton Surpass ($17.6K)| Barclays Arrival WEM ($13K)| Barclays SM ($11K)| Capital One QS ($15K)
CareCredit (15.6K)| Chase CSP ($12K)| Chase Hyatt ($5K)| Chase FU VS ($7K)| Chase Ritz ($16.7K)| Citi DC ($2.4K)
Discover It ($4K)| Lowe's ($17K)| MSUFCU ($5K)| Nasa FCU ($20K)| Navy Cash Rewards ($20K)| Navy CLOC ($15K)
PenFed Thrifty ($500)| USAA Rate Advantage ($7K)
Message 11 of 14
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Congrats, now wait six months!

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 12 of 14
treefidy

tough video game that has no end in sight

Goal 10/9/14
Gardening Since 4/9/14

Message 13 of 14
sexy_kitten7
Regular Contributor

You're exactly right that you should wait at least 91 days between AORs. Applying for new credit 3 months from your last inquiry should be fine, since you will have a FICO score by then. I would wait until your FICO is above 700 to try the SPG and Freedom again, since your file is so thin. The CSP is definitely a premium card so I would wait at least a year.

Quicksilver MC / Amazon.com / Better Balance Rewards Visa / Freedom / Dividend / Quicksilver Visa / Cash+ / Thank You Preferred / Blue Cash Everyday / Better Balance Rewards MC / BankAmericard HRC Cash Rewards / It / Arrival / FlexPerks / Platinum AAdvantage / MileagePlus Explorer / LifeMiles
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.