Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A true Discover tail for the ages:)

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

A true Discover tail for the ages:)

Well my MyFico family, it truely is a strange world in which Synchrony hands out blue envelopes like candy and Discover hands out approvals to AVERAGE JOES Smiley Happy

Yes my friends, i finally broke the barrier to DiscolandSmiley Happy. I had received my 6th mailer recently as some may know. One night i decided to test my theory that somehow now was the time to apply and possibly get approved. When looking at all my mailers i noticed the ones that came with better Apr ranges were the ones that had my second last name misspelled just like my Citi Dc mailer i received and was approved from.
Apped put in all relevent info and when finished was prompted to call. Was put on hold for abit as this was very strange as my previous 3 attempts were the quickest "how would you like a joint app" haha, but was on quite awhile and when final csr came back on, i finally got " Congratulations , youve been approved for...$2500!!

Just an amazing feelingSmiley Happy. Received card in a very nice silver package, and the csr already sent me my new card with my last name fixed!. Called last night to inquire when my 1st statement cuts and the super friendly guy let me know when it cuts and when my first payment will be due, not til December wow!.

This is definitely gonna be my daily driver the next year and really look forward to getting to play darts with all of you haha lol!!Smiley Happy

Pertinent data points for folks in my boat :

1) 6 Disco mailers
2) 5 hps in the quest( once was double pulled ;( )
3) pulled TU ( all frozen but unfroze TU as was only one i COULD unfreeze)
4) TU Fico 697
5) overall utilization about 3%
6) bk7 still showing, may fall off in Dec
7) 18.24% Apr, my best non Penfed rate so far!!!

So there you go folks, im officially a member of the wacky world of Discover. So far am very pleased with service and was really happy at my Sl, not the highest but not the lowest i guess, just right. GREAT NIGHT everyone and a million thanks for all the kind words and support i have received in my short time here. Stay safeSmiley Happy
Message 1 of 117
116 REPLIES 116
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A true Discover tail for the ages:)

Omg AJC!!!!!! I so freaking excited for you 😄 

Congrats X 1000! 

Message 2 of 117
padme
Established Contributor

congrats thanks for sharing

Message 3 of 117
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats! on finally getting some success with Discover!!

Message 4 of 117
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Many thanks to you Justagirl73! Its been a pleasure supporting each other on this crazy credit journey of oursSmiley Happy Stay wellSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 117
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks Padme, best regardsSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 117
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks CM7, its quite the feeling. One thing im coming to realize, though hard sometimes the best things really are worth waiting for. Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to Discover Playboy, drinks on AJC!!

What color card did you pick?  This is also my daily driver along with my Amex BCE.  I'm hoping they will both get their big boy pants in the next year or so.  Congrats to you!

Message 8 of 117
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Way to go Avg....

Now don't worry about the CL... I don't think i have to explain.... I started roughly where you are...

=)

Now the wait for the roughly 3+ month auto CLI  and then its showtime ....

Also Discover entertains APR reductions but youll have to wait the 12 months for the 0 to expire...

Message 9 of 117
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

THANKS! LilceeZ! Lol!, i hope thats pre broken leg Silva money haha!. As long as everyones cool with a case of Coca Cola from Sams , im down Smiley Wink i got one more goal to end the year with a bang and my garden party will begin with a bang inhope Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 117
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.