Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A very Merry Marvel Christmas !

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

A very Merry Marvel Christmas !

Evening everyone, decided to try my luck at getting a sp cli for my Marvel mastercard. Came across stRealT 's post on Synchrony adding a new feature on some of their card accounts when requesting cli ( input amount you are requesting) and decided since im all set on Wally, Sams, and,Pennies, what the fico, why not try my Marvel.

Input what i was requesting but ended up having to call the number given. You call get automated system etc but after requesting amount was transfered to talk to Credit Solutions( american version). Made sure my TU was unlocked just in case. Gave lady my income and amount requested put me on hold a couple of minutes so they review my file. After all is done, APPROVED for $2000 increaseSmiley Happy

Note i only asked for $2000 to bring up my limit to $8000 in par with my Wally. Didnt want to push too much even though its known to shoot for moon. I may be tempting the bear but i dont want to give it a salmonSmiley Wink.

Figured id give it one last hurray before ChristmasSmiley Wink. Still havent broke 700 again so for anyone below, there is chance to bring your Marvel up to 8kSmiley Happy Great weekend everyone Stay safeSmiley Happy
25 REPLIES 25
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: A very Merry Marvel Christmas !

Marvel Universe.gif

Message 2 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats 2k is a nice increase and 8k in plenty for the card IMO.  I am at 6k on it and was tempted to ask, but have plenty of credit as it is and 6k is good for me with the card as I would be crazy carrying any kinda of balance even at the 15.x apr Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Agreed 6k is great. I would have asked 10 but since ive been getting nice clis recently, i just wanted to see if they would match my current limits. I would still be happy had they not approved. My score has stayed relatively the same these past few months as i think my bk still holds it back but they must like how i manage my accounts responsibly. No crazy spends always pay on time, pif when possible. One good thing to come out of having a bk is that it stays in the back of my mind and i dont want to ever get caught having high balances if i can help it. Life happens so i try to do best i canSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome! Congrats!

Message 5 of 26
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the CLI!  33% increase with SP is great.  Thought about applying for the Marvel card early in the year to use for the entertainment 3%, but the added 1% over my DC and other 2% cards didn't seem worth the HP and the other things I am trying to do.  Also afraid of a disapproval because of available credit.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 6 of 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks GluvscSmiley Happy

Thanks BigBS Smiley Happy . i like this card. Now granted, i havent put alot of spend on it but its nice to get a little back when you eat out or what have you. Whenever you feel you can use a hp, dont hesitate to app for it. I dont believe Sync holds your available credit against you( internal max exposure sure) though i could be wrong. If i ate out alot and used the other benefits of this card, i would definitely recommend it.Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Evening everyone, decided to try my luck at getting a sp cli for my Marvel mastercard. Came across stRealT 's post on Synchrony adding a new feature on some of their card accounts when requesting cli ( input amount you are requesting) and decided since im all set on Wally, Sams, and,Pennies, what the fico, why not try my Marvel.

Input what i was requesting but ended up having to call the number given. You call get automated system etc but after requesting amount was transfered to talk to Credit Solutions( american version). Made sure my TU was unlocked just in case. Gave lady my income and amount requested put me on hold a couple of minutes so they review my file. After all is done, APPROVED for $2000 increaseSmiley Happy

Note i only asked for $2000 to bring up my limit to $8000 in par with my Wally. Didnt want to push too much even though its known to shoot for moon. I may be tempting the bear but i dont want to give it a salmonSmiley Wink.

Figured id give it one last hurray before ChristmasSmiley Wink. Still havent broke 700 again so for anyone below, there is chance to bring your Marvel up to 8kSmiley Happy Great weekend everyone Stay safeSmiley Happy

Congratulations!  You're managing those CL nicely! Smiley Happy 

LOL on ...what the fico...Gonna have to steal that one! Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woohoo AJC!  That's an awesome CLI! If only Any of my cards would be so nice Smiley Happy 

Message 9 of 26
Gmood1
Super Contributor

AJC....you're rolling!! Congrats on the CLI!!
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.